News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dr. Di Maggio Booked for December!!

Started by abbyt89, October 04, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbyt89

Thank you so much everyone!

I'm looking MUCH worse than that picture haha - the swelling and bruising has fully set in and I look like I've been hit by a truck. But I look much much worse than I feel - I'm actually surprised at how little pain I feel, and I've only been taking Ibuprofen since leaving the hospital.

I'm back at my apartment now and I'm all set up for 3-4 days of not being able to leave. I'll update you guys with some pics once the swelling goes down a  bit.
  •  

abbyt89

The surgeon left my apartment a little while ago and removed my forehead bandage and the dressings from my nose. He said the incision is healing nicely and he gave me the go ahead to take a shower which was like the best thing ever. I spent probably 30 minutes just soaking my hair and de-tangling it and getting all of the caked-on blood washed out.

I've attached a pic for you guys! There's still a lot of swelling in the forehead but even so you can see just how much he flattened/smoothed it out. I can't wait to see the nose (the cast stays on until Monday) but if the tip is any indication I think he did a great job with it. I'm also really happy with how the hairline turned out - it's not perfectly round but it's MUCH better than before, plus because he didn't lower the hairline in the center you can't see the incision at all since it's an inch or so back in the hair. I think the brows are a little bit high, but he said that part of that is due to the swelling and that it can also take a few months for the brows to settle into their final position. And if that's the only complaint I have when all is said and done then it's hardly the end of the world.

Anyway to say I'm crazy happy with how everything is so far would be a huge understatement. I'll keep you guys updated and will post some more pics as the swelling continues to go down.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: abbyt89 on December 19, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

I'm crazy happy for you too sweetheart, you'll un-swell and look great! Get well and come home safely!
  •  

Lauren5

You're looking great, Abby, it looks like your healing is going quickly. Best of all, you look so happy with it!
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

RavenMoon

You look adorable, even with the puffiness and nose cast!  ;D

Your forehead looks wonderful.
  •  

sarahb

That's really great Abby, you look wonderful so far. I think your surgeon did an excellent job!
  •  

abbyt89

Thank you everyone!!

Things have been busy here in Buenos Aires and on top of that I accidentally broke my brand new laptop - ugh!

But today my surgeon removed my nose cast and while there is still some swelling I can finally see my face as a whole.

I nearly cried when I saw it for the first time because everything has exceeded my expectations. I am so happy with my results and I am so glad I went with Dr. Di Maggio.

Here are some pics from earlier today:

•  

rinaballerina

You look beautiful and it looks like it healed beautifully! Its very natural as well!
I am glad you are happy!
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows..." — Audrey Hepburn
  •  

Shantel

Good Lord Abby, you're looking really different and so much more feminine than your first side face photos, it's rather astounding!
  •  

abbyt89

Thank you!! The greatest thing is I feel like I finally pass okay from all angles and when close up. Before I looked okay but only from like one specific angle because of how masculine my forehead was.

Quote from: Shantel on December 23, 2013, 06:59:37 PM
Good Lord Abby, you're looking really different and so much more feminine than your first side face photos, it's rather astounding!

It's crazy, isn't it? I never realized how powerfully feminizing the forehead could be until I started researching FFS. I am so happy and so fortunate that I was able to get this done. :)
  •  

RavenMoon

OMG! You look fabulous! Seriously!

All traces of your former self are gone. :)
  •  

VickyMI

Your last pic is absolutely stunning. You made a great surgeon selection.  I would not worry about the brows. Even if they don't settle they still look great.
Happy T Gurl living as Vicky half time.
  •  

Donna Elvira

Congrats Abby. To me, you looked very good before and now you look quite fantastic!

From several other people I know who did their surgery with him , I was pretty sure you were in excellent hands with Dr Di Maggio (I also consulted with him a couple of years ago but finally decided to stay closer to home) who I believe to be one of the best in terms of price/quality ratio.

Apart from that, I envy how quickly you young ladies recover from this sort of surgery and confirm that your brows will indeed come down to a more natural height over the weeks ahead.

Wishing you  a very happy Christmas.
Donna
  •  

Jennygirl

Hellloooooo nurse!!! :D :D :D

You look fantastic Abby!!!
  •  

abbyt89

You guys are so sweet the kind words are appreciated. :D

Quote from: Donna E on December 24, 2013, 07:19:01 AM
Congrats Abby. To me, you looked very good before and now you look quite fantastic!

From several other people I know who did their surgery with him , I was pretty sure you were in excellent hands with Dr Di Maggio (I also consulted with him a couple of years ago but finally decided to stay closer to home) who I believe to be one of the best in terms of price/quality ratio.

Apart from that, I envy how quickly you young ladies recover from this sort of surgery and confirm that your brows will indeed come down to a more natural height over the weeks ahead.

Wishing you  a very happy Christmas.
Donna

Thank you Donna I wish you a merry Christmas as well!

My recovery has been pretty quick but I also had the least traumatic FFS procedures done so I shouldn't be too surprised. And yeah I've noticed the brows have already settled down a bit and I'm no longer concerned about them. And hey 20 years down the road I will probably be thankful that they were raised a bit now :)
  •  

RavenMoon

I really like where your brows are! It gives a very youthful look.  :)
  •  

Jennygirl

It's really astounding. I think your actual result far surpasses your VFFS prediction by a long shot.

I am so super impressed with the work Di Maggio has done for you. Your face now looks 100% female from every angle.

I am having my brow done (type 1 style, though) and a few other small things performed in exactly two weeks. Seeing these pictures of you brings me all sorts of emotions... mainly excitement... but also hope that I am as happy with my result as you must be :D I'm confident that will be true.

Your result is just so drastically amazing, though. It's hard to believe you once looked like you did in the before photo!

I have been a bit worried about my brows being too high, too. Looking at yours though I think they look great and it brings me peace of mind :)
  •  

abbyt89

Quote from: Jennygirl on December 24, 2013, 06:03:26 PM
It's really astounding. I think your actual result far surpasses your VFFS prediction by a long shot.

I am so super impressed with the work Di Maggio has done for you. Your face now looks 100% female from every angle.

I am having my brow done (type 1 style, though) and a few other small things performed in exactly two weeks. Seeing these pictures of you brings me all sorts of emotions... mainly excitement... but also hope that I am as happy with my result as you must be :D I'm confident that will be true.

Your result is just so drastically amazing, though. It's hard to believe you once looked like you did in the before photo!

I have been a bit worried about my brows being too high, too. Looking at yours though I think they look great and it brings me peace of mind :)

I feel the same way about my results compared to the VFFS. Going into it I figured that a result like that would be best case scenario and I didn't want to get my hopes up. I think the forehead prediction was pretty much spot on but I think the nose actually looks better, even if it is a bit longer than in the VFFS photo.

Dr. Di Maggio is known for his foreheads, which is why I chose him, but I think his noses are just as good as his foreheads. If you look at his before/afters on the Yahoo FFS group the noses are consistently good - and they all look very natural because he works with what you have instead of just trying to make the cutest/most stereotypical feminine nose that he can.

Good luck with your surgeries, I am sure you will see fantastic results (you look fantastic already!) and I am happy for you! Keep us updated :)
  •  

Antonia J

You look amazing! I have been considering DiMaggio - thanks for sharing your experience. If I can ask, how do you feel about the post-op care you received? Did you have any complications at all?

Again, fabulous results.
  •  

abbyt89

Hi Antonia!

The post-op care has been fantastic! I stayed in the hospital overnight and then I hired somebody to stay with me back at my apartment for the first day. It was inexpensive but looking back probably not necessary - I really only hired her because my father was nervous about me recovering alone.

I can't say enough good things about the aftercare!! Since the surgery either Dr. Di Maggio or another surgeon that assisted him during my procedure has visited me at my apartment to change/remove bandages and to make sure everything is healing okay. He also has been in contact with me daily through e-mail and every time I see him he stresses that if I need anything at all or have any questions I can contact him at any time on his cell phone. His new assistant, Claudia, has been fantastic as well. She is constantly in contact with me to make sure I'm doing okay and asking if I need anything.

I haven't had any complications, although my scalp is still numb from the procedure. That's normal though and for most people full sensation returns.
  •