Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

"Transamerica" tv show in the works

Started by Michelle G, October 30, 2013, 10:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle G

From the sound of it this tv show doesn't appear very positive at all!

Hopefully it will be on one of the networks nobody watches

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4108911?utm_hp_ref=transgender
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Jessica Merriman

We just thought we had a tough time. I think if this show is ever made and broadcast the fallout will be devastating for all of us. It could affect the voters who we count on to pass laws beneficial to us. I could even see some beneficial laws repealed due to the outcry of the public when this trash gets broadcast. This is an attack against us plain and simple for ratings, embarrassment and endorsement deals. I can see nothing good coming out of this at all.  :'(
  •  

Michelle G

Jess, that is exactly what I was thinking

To use the same casting company that casts entertainers for drag queen shows just doesn't sound right!

I have no idea what the premise of the show is but couldn't they find some transgender actors that needed work?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Baby, transgender actors would be honest and respectful. Not exactly enough excitement for advertisers and audiences, is it? I think it will be a three ring circus with us getting hurt the most. Kind of a Jerry Springer on speed with us as his targets. Why do they hate us so much? I saved lives and property for 28 years and I can't live like I need to? I think I earned the right to be who I am. Maybe we should start Susan Production Company and make some shows of our own. How about that? Thanks for the heads up on this monstrosity baby! Love ya!  :)
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on October 31, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
We just thought we had a tough time. I think if this show is ever made and broadcast the fallout will be devastating for all of us. It could affect the voters who we count on to pass laws beneficial to us. I could even see some beneficial laws repealed due to the outcry of the public when this trash gets broadcast. This is an attack against us plain and simple for ratings, embarrassment and endorsement deals. I can see nothing good coming out of this at all.  :'(

I wouldn't be too agitated about this. Americans aren't the type to get transphobic as a result of seeing wildly exaggerated TG's doing (presumably) strip shows etc.

As the saying goes, "even bad publicity is still publicity"...hopefully it'll spark some interest in talk shows, radio interviews, etc (or perhaps we could take the offensive, and ask for interviews, etc).

Just a thought.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Michelle G

My new favorite blog writer is Parker Marie Molloy who wrote this article, I went to her site and feel she is an amazing writer with lots of insight into issues that pertain to us.

http://parkthatcar.net/
  •  

Skittles

A while back on another Forum, a screen writer came as a guest and presented a story line and asked for a critique. The story was very simplistic with many natal assumptions common for us. It was a good try at caring, yet it was so monochromatic and shallow.

There were may replies and several bits of story ideas given, including one about about a trans man and a trans woman falling in love, they met by chance on the day of her planned suicide, due to social treatment of society. It all combined to make a moving and complex story about us. The writer gratefully promised a complete re-write as our stories are moving. We are very complex intelligent people. That is the biggest fact Hollywood will probably miss. They would rather paint us as Marge and Homer.

I have never seen or known of the work being finished or presented, as the writer was from another country and not destined for USA TV. I do often wonder what the outcome was. I do agree with Beth and Jessica, we do need a venue for telling our true stories. Each week a new person added and the facets of thier individual story. It can be a comidy and a tragity. Not like the current trash on the boob tube. Hug. Joann
  •  

Jill F

•  

Keaira

Calpernia Adams is one of the producers of the show. I think I still have the link to the application to be on the show in my email.
but, for all you naysayers, just remember, progress isnt made from the sidelines.

And no, I didnt apply. I might have my goals for helping the community, but I'm movie camera shy and not fashionably savvy. Otherwise....who knows. Lol
  •