Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

is there any such thing as Justice in the natural world?

Started by katia, July 05, 2007, 04:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katia

•  

Fer

Given that we now know solutions, how do we get it out? Malcom Gladwell in "The Tipping Point" showed how word of mouth can spread an idea or a virus around the world that can cause a tipping point where enlightenment expands into solutions to the world questions. He used folding a piece of paper as an illustration. As you fold it in half again and again it gets thicker to the point where after fifty folds it would reach to the sun. Fifty one would be back again and so on. If you teach one it would be doubling, or you could teach ten. Teaching how the mind works, if used, accesses virtually one hundred percent of the brain through intuition instead of ten percent. No wonder we're in trouble. Besides it brings out our true nature as human rather than ninety percent animals we, apparently, still are. We go within or we go without. For instance peace on the outside. It starts with the individual. It seems to be catchy. Only now we have mass communication so just about everyone, they say, has access to a TV, even a community in the jungle with a generator. We have the food, the knowledge to tip people, the means, where's the beef. One is, some are against a policy of educating on birth control even for adults. Maybe a compromise to at least do what we can agree on. Collectively someone knows everything we need. An answer is always simple if we can see it. He talks about how most of the symphony orchestras around the world put up screens for auditions for anti-discrimination purposes. The percentage of women in symphony orchestras went from about two to fifty. Who's qualified wasn't the problem. Survival of the best and the race.
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

Jonie

•  

The Middle Way

Yes
Sometimes it takes time to see it.
(and sometimes in spite of men's laws)
  •