Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ditching the purse

Started by Antagonist, December 23, 2013, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DangerTom

I use my messenger bag all the time... there are some dressy leather ones for men or sportier ones, depending on your style. Backpacks are also "in" with the "cool kids", in a variety of colors and fabrics. I think they're pretty rad.

I hate loading up my pockets, but when I do I always wear men's pants; women's pants just do NOT have the real estate.
  •  

PucksWaywardSon

I've NEVER carried a handbag (couldn't figure out the appeal, to me it was about the least practical way of doing things) I have a stuffed-to-bursting skaterstyle wallet (old tickets, IDs, memberships, everything goes in) and a backpack. Covers everything from somewhere to throw my groceries to being an overnight/weekend travel bag and everything in between. Occasionally just stuff my pockets instead.
Identifying As: Gamer Nerd, Aspiring actor, Wanderer, Shakespeare junkie. Transguy. time I lost the probably there... Hi, I'm Jamie.
  •  

Vicky Mitchell

Well i figured i chime in.  Guys pants do have big deep pockets most of the time i have to fiddle around for what i want.    with that much being said they are also wide so you can stuff quite a bit in there and still have the pants look flat.  On a typical day i have my wallet in back right pocket and cash and cards go in to the wallet.  Now it is almost 1 inch thick at parts but over time it will shape to your butt so much that you may grab your own but to make sure it is still there.  then in my front right pocket goes my change and pocket knife.   Sometimes loose dollars will be in there if it was just a few bucks i got back and i had already put the wallet away.  In my front left goes my keys i have a big key ring/setup.  Actually it is several smaller rings linked together because of car remote i leave that hanging out of the pocket and the keys in the pocket the weight of the keys keep them from falling out but the remote hanging out makes it easy for me to reach and grab and find them quickly.  My phone is my MP3 player and that goes on my right side on my belt.   I am right handed so most everything gets dropped in to the right pocket.  at end of the day i empty out pockets into a jar but the keys, and pocket knife.   that goes on the counter next to the wallet and phone.  and tomorrow I grab that small pile and start over again.

Steven
MtF
Vicky

•  

TheQuestion

I hate carrying things in my pocket.  I've always wanted to carry a purse; go figure, huh?
  •  

ImagineKate

•  

jeni

In my boy pants, I keep my wallet in a back pocket (alternating sides), keys in the front right, and phone in the front left. Of course, I have a 10-year old dumb flip-phone and not a modern hulking glass behemoth. I used to carry an iPod touch in the back pocket that didnt have my wallet, but I've given up on that. Occasionally I keep a small moleskine notebook there. Change goes in one or the other front pockets, and as others said, gets emptied daily and only replenished when I spend bills and get change. (This is in the US where all the cash worth mentioning is wasteful green paper. In countries that use coins more effectively I would have to change the habit, but that hasn't come up enough that I have solved it.)

For daily life, I don't need much more than that. If I do, I carry either a backpack or a laptop shoulder bag.
-=< Jennifer >=-

•  

Dee Marshall

I used to carry my wallet in my back pocket. I moved it to my front pocket because back pockets are easy to pick. Now I carry it all in a Coach "flight bag" (it's a purse!) because it and my keys tend to dig into my skin.

If you carry a wallet I recommend the front pocket.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •