Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Top Surgery Recovery Updates (a place for all members to update after surgery)

Started by Bimmer Guy, December 28, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November Fox

Let me see if this works. I never get this "adding pictures" thing right.

The other nipple is covered on purpose - still healing. After several complications, the end result is nipples with two different sizes, but I´m thinking about having that fixed later on (through medical tattooing).
  •  

Khatru

1 week post op! I'm finally allowed to take off and change my dressings and I get to SHOWER! I'm still very swollen and the skin is numb everywhere, and the nips are nowhere near healing, at least not the left one. But I'm feeling better every day and I'm off most meds!! Yay! So far I'm quite pleased with the result, although I feel like the nipple is a little big... If the surgeon decides to not reduce it further I can live with it though, it's still much smaller than before
  •  

November Fox

I think this thread is dead.  :P
How's the recovery going, Kathru?
  •  

Khatru

It's going great! Less puffy now almost 4 weeks in and the nipple scab has fallen off. Soon binder free! Just 2 weeks to go.
  •  

dissipate

Just had surgery yesterday with Garramone. Bandages are real tight and causing a backache. Left side of chest hurts when I am in an upright position. Better when I am lying down. Did not take any painkillers... maybe I should but am afraid of constipation :|
  •  

Hex

Well it's been several years since I last poked my head in at Susan's but figure now would be a good time as any.
I had my top surgery last Tuesday 4/17 and this is my official check in.
Took 4 years to finally get here but I'm ecstatic that it has happened!

I'll be going in for my one week check up tomorrow morning and to most likely get my drains pulled etc. I'll be taking pictures than.

Had my surgery done at University Health Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeries center with Dr Carol ann Aylward. Who btw is so amazing and sweet.

I had a double mastectomy with free nipple grafting and some lipo.
I'll try and update with a pic tomorrow :)
I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!
My journey to becoming a transman

•  

Hex

Quote from: Hex on April 22, 2018, 03:55:10 PM
Well it's been several years since I last poked my head in at Susan's but figure now would be a good time as any.
I had my top surgery last Tuesday 4/17 and this is my official check in.
Took 4 years to finally get here but I'm ecstatic that it has happened!

I'll be going in for my one week check up tomorrow morning and to most likely get my drains pulled etc. I'll be taking pictures than.

Had my surgery done at University Health Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeries center with Dr Carol ann Aylward. Who btw is so amazing and sweet.

I had a double mastectomy with free nipple grafting and some lipo.
I'll try and update with a pic tomorrow :)

Update to my previous post with follow up pics

This was one week post-op

This is at 3 weeks.
I'm approaching 4 weeks as of Tuesday now :)
I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!
My journey to becoming a transman

•  

kattskatt

Hey, I'm 9 days post-op today. I had a double incision without nipple grafts and I did not have a happy reveal when I was 7 days post-op because I was (and still am) very swollen. I can still so clearly see the outline of my old chest and it's causing a lot of dysphoria. I know/hope that it will go down in a few weeks/months, but I wasn't prepared for this because this swelling doesn't look anything like what I've seen from other people who've had DI. I'm worried I will need revision surgery to actually get a flat chest.

Picture from when I was 7 days post-op:

•  

mm

kattskatt, you are only a few day post; you need to give yourself time before you consider a revision. How large were you before?
  •  

kattskatt

Quote from: mm on May 26, 2018, 10:27:12 AM
kattskatt, you are only a few day post; you need to give yourself time before you consider a revision. How large were you before?
I've never really worn bras so I can't answer in those sizes, but I was basically borderline for being too large for keyhole. The first surgeon I spoke to (not the one who ended up doing my actual surgery) said that if I kept my nipples I might have been able to get keyhole from him but that a double incision was a safer bet for good results.
  •  

Oblivion

4 days post op with Mr Miles Berry in London. I'm going back tomorrow to have the bandages off and the dressings on my nipples removed to see my chest for the first time and I'm a mix of nerves and excitement. Finding it more difficult to sleep tonight than I did the night before surgery.
  •  

Aiden In Progress

I know this thread is kind of dead, but I couldn't really find much on my surgeon before my consult.
I had double incision with free nipple grafts on August 27, 2018 by Dr. Susan Lovelle. Her staff were very competent and sensitive.
I got my drains out on September 4, 2018
Most of my discomfort was from the drains, but I'm still fairy sore and stiff. I do have more range of motion than I thought I would, but I fatigue very easily.

I took my first post-op shower yesterday (September 6, 2018) and this is before getting rebandaged

•  

CursedFireDean

Quote from: CursedFireDean on September 12, 2017, 10:23:38 AM
6 weeks post-op with Dr. Keelee MacPhee in Raleigh NC
It's turning out exactly as I want it, and I'm really happy with how it's healing.

Here's an update over a year out and 25 lbs down

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

The Flying Lemur

This is me a week after top surgery with Dr. Wilkins at University of Michigan Hospital.  I'm really happy with the result.   Dr. Wilkins went above and beyond to make sure I didn't have really bad dog ears, removing tissue almost all the way around my back.  Lots of doctors charge extra for stuff like that.   Wilkins was plainly more interested in doing a good job, though.  I definitely recommend him if you're considering surgery at U of M!  (The horizontal scar on my belly is unrelated--from a surgery many years ago.)

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •