News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Existence

Started by Anatta, January 08, 2014, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amZo

Quote from: MadelineB on January 10, 2014, 04:01:41 AM
"I" am a meta phenomenon, the comment lines in the universe's code about itself. I am exactly as conscious as the universe is, only much smaller and sassier. I have been assigned certain powers by the architect, and by following my nature I expand those powers. I don't exist independently.

By jove, I think she's got it!

•  

Jenna Stannis

Quote from: Nikko on January 10, 2014, 04:21:18 PM
By jove, I think she's got it!

I hope it's not contagious.
  •  

BunnyBee

"I" am a meta phenomenon, the comment lines in the universe's code about itself. I am exactly as conscious as the universe is, only much smaller and sassier. I have been assigned certain powers by the architect, and by following my nature I expand those powers. I don't exist independently.

Lol I like it :)
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Jenna Stannis on January 10, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

I hope it's not contagious.

Kia Ora JS,

I'm sorry to say it is, and you are starting to show signs....Remember  "I don't exist independently." ;) ;D

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Madeline,

I'm impressed by your poetic creativity,  but the "architect" has got me stumped...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

The Universe as we are all lead to believe, is in a constant state of flux-continually expanding, so every moment is a moment of events (no moment passes by without an event)...

These events more often than not stimulate the senses of this psycho-physical phenomenon ( the blob of organic matter made up of vibrating energy) which in turn produce the experience of which ones ego is just an abstraction from these experiences ...

So plainly put, it's possible  "I" am simply my "experience" !

Which "I" guess is the same as what Madeline was saying, only she puts it in a more eloquent poetic manner ... :icon_flower:

:eusa_think: So could it be what actually exist is the experience ?

•  

MadelineB

Quote from: Anatta on January 10, 2014, 08:22:01 PM
Kia Ora Madeline,

I'm impressed by your poetic creativity,  but the "architect" has got me stumped...

Hi Anatta,
The "architect" has got a lot of us stumped, which may not be the first step to wisdom but is certainly the shifting of weight so we can lift one foot off the ground and move it forward.

If I was being less poetic, and possibly less precise, I would replace 'the architect' with 'the order which I fail to describe because in describing it I would become it'. Watch out for mind-objects that invite you to comprehend them. Opening to comprehend them can lead to all kinds of changes that can be a one-way transformation. This happens to philosophical arguments as well as to human consciousness. It is a fool's errand to try to define out the ambiguities inherent in any statement that takes less than the full duration of the universe, but that's the whole point.

"I" am a fool, a heuristic tool, a gross simplifier. This is a very necessary function. But the function is not the thing.

In my statement/koan/poem I was not naming absolutes, only applying a metaphor to that which defies description. It can however be experienced, and is, by everyone.

The metaphor is not the thing. To the programs running on a computer without intervention, there is no architect, there is only the code, and the inputs outputs and global and local variables. I simplify. However, speaking only of computers and not of universes, we know there is an architect, for the code did not write itself. We know this, because we are the stuff of which architects are made of. If we are clever enough, we can even code an architect module that will plan, organize, code, and integrate new code and new modules. Not as well as a human programmer could, because a code architect runs fast but not wide, where a human mind runs wide but not fast, but good enough, and in that case, the architect module which is itself made of code and intention, would be the architect to all of the code instances contained within its graces.

It takes my entire life and every breathe and every thought just to begin to describe who or what I am in any detail, because in me, like in a window, is reflected a higher order.

This is not a bad thing. It is just a thing.
-Maddie
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •