Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Should I be happy or sad?

Started by 930310, March 05, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I went to a clinic that does laser hair removal for a consultation about potential hair removal. (Un)Fortunately they said that my hair is too light and not dense enough for laser. So I'll have to go with electrolysis. Is this good or bad news for me in terms of time to completion and total cost overall?
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Well, electro is more time consuming but it's better than nothing. Not sure about the cost difference since I've never had laser done.
  •  

I hope it's a good thing since the lighter/less dense the hair is the faster electrolysis will go. Or so I've heard/read...

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: 930310 on March 05, 2014, 03:52:22 PM
I hope it's a good thing since the lighter/less dense the hair is the faster electrolysis will go. Or so I've heard/read...

Well, just make sure you go to someone that knows what they are doing and has up to date equipment. I went to the one remaining local electro tech and they sucked. The price was the same as the one that I was going to that was out of town, but the quality of their work was crap. Once I started to see a few pits here and there, I never went back.

That's the one thing I regret: Not getting this taken care of when we had several electro clinics around here. I would have this taken care of a long time ago. But I screwed that up. But, on the bright side, the orchi helped with slowing down the regrowth and all that.
  •  

Ltl89

From what I heard laser is more inexpensive, but electrolysis is the only way to permanently remove hair for some people.  I've been doing laser and have seen reduction, but not close complete removal.  I'm not really sure if it's because I'm still early in treatment or if I'm going to need something more. I should note, I am very fair skinned with dark hair, so I'm like the optimal candidate for laser.   So, I wouldn't really grieve the fact that you have to do electrolysis because it's more suited for someone in your position. 
  •  

•  

warlockmaker

Electrolysis is the only way to guarantee permanant hair removal. Laser is ok for dark hair but it takes many visits over a year plus. Electrolysis has pain - a needle with a current is inserted down the hair shaft. I go twice a week for an hour each time and its been almost a year. I think i'm 70% done. Its not going to be cheap - around $130 per hour and I figured that just on electrolysis its at the $12,000 plus the laser. I figured that in the end it will have cost around $20,000. The sessions needed depends on your hair density and for your reference I had very light hair density.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: learningtolive on March 05, 2014, 04:44:21 PM
From what I heard laser is more inexpensive, but electrolysis is the only way to permanently remove hair for some people.  I've been doing laser and have seen reduction, but not close complete removal.  I'm not really sure if it's because I'm still early in treatment or if I'm going to need something more. I should note, I am very fair skinned with dark hair, so I'm like the optimal candidate for laser.   So, I wouldn't really grieve the fact that you have to do electrolysis because it's more suited for someone in your position.

Stick with it, I felt the same way until almost a year in and after 11 sessions. I had crazy coarse and dense facial hair. Like, insane.

It will go. Just make sure you wear SPF with that fair skin! You are super susceptible to hyperpigmentation (darkening) of skin.

To the OP- electrolysis can be much much faster if you have the $$$$$
  •  

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 06, 2014, 03:01:54 AM
Stick with it, I felt the same way until almost a year in and after 11 sessions. I had crazy coarse and dense facial hair. Like, insane.

It will go. Just make sure you wear SPF with that fair skin! You are super susceptible to hyperpigmentation (darkening) of skin.

To the OP- electrolysis can be much much faster if you have the $$$$$
I have some $$$$ saved away and I have had six sessions at 45min already. It costs about $85 for 45min and after that my face can't take it any more. My pain threshold is higher than the threshold my face has. I would have loved to do 90min sessions but my skin is too sensitive and I look like a tomato after each session.

•