Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Fault in Our Stars.

Started by Avenue, April 03, 2014, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avenue

A while back, I fell in love with an amazingly witty author: John Green. I've found him to be very wise and open-minded - suppose one could say he's sort of an inadvertent "teacher" to some. Anyway, if you haven't heard about him yet, perhaps you should invest?

The first book I read by him (actually, a friend of mine linked me to his youtube page where he
and shortly thereafter I asked to have his audiobook [where he reads it] for Christmas) was The Fault in Our Stars. It's a breath-taking, emotion-evoking story about two teenagers who've - thus far - survived some form of cancer. They met through a counselling group (for teens/young adults (possibly children, too) with cancer, I presume), forming a budding friendship with one another. Thenceforth, these two go on a journey (both metaphorical and literal) that'll entrap the reader.

Have any of you read it yet? What were your thoughts? If you haven't, I strongly suggest this book! Fortunately, despite its age-range, it's really enticing and eye-opening for older audiences as well.
  •