Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

'FA Gleason' is not me. I am not on facebook

Started by Nero, April 22, 2014, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ltl89

Isn't there a way to shut down facebook accounts that are used in bullying or impersonating others?  I would really look into that. 
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: FA on April 23, 2014, 10:30:40 AM
I am surprised at the level of hatred against me and the site on facebook and by this latest maneuver. I think whoever is laughing about me and my pain on facebook or creating this fake profile must be really hurting. Because it's hard for me to believe anyone is that mean.

It doesn't surprise me. I've met some pretty despicable people online and especially offline. Nothing surprises me anymore. Actually, stuff like this is more common than you would think. It happens in many areas online, not only Facebook.
  •  

Heather

Quote from: FA on April 23, 2014, 10:30:40 AM
I am surprised at the level of hatred against me and the site on facebook and by this latest maneuver. I think whoever is laughing about me and my pain on facebook or creating this fake profile must be really hurting. Because it's hard for me to believe anyone is that mean.
I've seen some of that stuff on Facebook and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg of what's being said. I've been watching this feud grow bigger and bigger over the last 5 months and I really don't know exactly who started it I just know it's getting out of hand and I think some kinda truce is needed. I'm not saying this to take sides because I don't know the whole story and it's not my fight. But I do care about the site and I've watched this feud hurt the site long enough to sit back and say nothing about it.
  •  

Sarah Louise

The "Feud" as it is being called is mostly (or completely) one sided and taking place at a place we have no control over (Facebook).

As much as possible I think it is best we just ignore it.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Sarah Louise on April 23, 2014, 12:00:40 PM
The "Feud" as it is being called is mostly (or completely) one sided and taking place at a place we have no control over (Facebook).

As much as possible I think it is best we just ignore it.

Pretty much. I mean, people were fired and they and their cronies are pissed.  I've been here a lot of years, and never has this kind of thing with all this hatred happened. I mean, ok sometimes I'm a bit blunt. But I was honestly a lot more controversial before... and never was this kind of thing directed at me or the site. I honestly believe this is because a couple people got fired or banned (for good reason), and are just unable to let it go.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jess42

If anything I would answer back that I have never done narcotics anonomously, its always been with other people and that I am antisocial 'cause everyone else is an idiot. :D Just a thought...
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Your Facebook page (I know it is not you) has a friend already listed...Caysee! ;D I think they could cause you a lot of harm because people will see her name and assume it is the real you FA. I would contact them and have it removed. There is no telling what damage could be done to you and your reputation and character.
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Apparently Caysee is like how I used to be which is that if someone were to send a friend request I would add them. I am more picky now though I'd like to say.
Also I only spoke up as I felt the other site was being targeted and so I defending it as I felt it needed to be stood up for. I am the same when a friend is being bullied. I also  joined that site long before I knew anything of a fued.

As for the facebook page I have seen a few negative posts but I don't go on the page often enough to read alot of the posts. So I have no idea if it is really bad or not. I do not know the cause of the apparent fued and I do not like being stuck in the middle or being lumped in with a supposed negative group just because I share a common site with them. I hate guilty by association nonsense.

All that said I just wish for whatever the problems are to be settled or to have all the sites kept out of it. Everyone has enough stress in their lives I am sure they don't like having their one escape being made stressful aswell. I just want everyone to get along.

Hugs all around?

•  

Bethany_Dawn

The person behind the FA Gleason facebook account had also sent me a request. I accepted it at first.  I then sent a message to them questioning the motive to wanting to befriend me. When I received no reply I deleted them.

•  

Heather

Quote from: Bethany_Dawn on April 24, 2014, 06:31:39 AM
The person behind the FA Gleason facebook account had also sent me a request. I accepted it at first.  I then sent a message to them questioning the motive to wanting to befriend me. When I received no reply I deleted them.
Thats a pretty good thing to do with any friend request from someone you don't know. If some is not willing to talk to you they are not worth having as a friend in real life or Facebook.
  •  

Eva Marie

Quote from: Bethany_Dawn on April 24, 2014, 06:31:39 AM

I got one too and accepted it. After I read this thread I unfriended whoever it was.
  •  

Jill F

Wow, this is like megacreepy.  Who is this deranged?
  •  

Jennygirl

I reported the account to Facebook as fraudulent / pretending to be someone they are not

I suggest everyone else does the same
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Jill F on April 24, 2014, 10:10:06 AM
Wow, this is like megacreepy.  Who is this deranged?

Nah, they aren't deranged. They are just stupid. A total neo maxi zoom dweeby.
  •