Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Question regarding resonance.

Started by Annaiyah, May 13, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annaiyah

Yeah... another one of those threads. Sorry, guys.

So I had a question about resonance and increasing it. With the understanding that resonance, not pitch, is the most important thing when it comes to transitioning a male voice into a female voice, it is also proven to be a challenge.

I've decided to stick to the falsetto method. When I am in falsetto, speaking at my highest possible pitch, I feel the vibrations in my lower throat. But when I squeeze my vocal folds and soften my voice, I sound feminine but not the way I want my female voice to sound in public (CandiFLA mentioned this as the "ultra high feminine voice" or something like that) then I notice there is not much vibrations there at all.

Is this the part that takes time? My Adam's Apple is just below where my chin is so luckily it's not that low but my voice is clearly male (as of when I posted this, anyway). I haven't always had the time to practice diligently but I am making a commitment everyday to practice for 10 to 20 minutes so that six months from now, my voice can sound something like this: watch?v=l56aUEOGJzM (it's a YouTube video. I just shortened the URL so the huge video thumbnail won't show up in the post).

But that's the kind of voice that I want.
They say identity theft is a crime. Well, needless to say, a crime has been committed. My identity has been stolen. No, no one knows my social security number or has my credit card. I'm walking around in the wrong body. I'm wearing a costume which I cannot remove... and the only way I can remove that costume, is through surgery
  •