A Smelly Poll

Started by Carlota, June 28, 2014, 12:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Kind of smells do you like?

Incense and/or Amber (soft oriental)
2 (3.4%)
Oriental Resins (oriental)
0 (0%)
Sandalwood and/or Patchouli (woody oriental)
3 (5.2%)
Aromatic woods and/or Vetiver (woods)
2 (3.4%)
Oak moss and/or Amber (mossy woods)
4 (6.9%)
Dry woods and/or Leather (dry woods)
4 (6.9%)
Lavender and/or Aromatic Herbs (aromatic)
8 (13.8%)
Bergamot and/or Citrus Oils (citrus)
5 (8.6%)
Marine and/or aquatic notes (water)
1 (1.7%)
Galbanum Green Notes (Green)
1 (1.7%)
Berries and/or Fruits (Fruity)
2 (3.4%)
Fresh-cut Flowers (Floral)
3 (5.2%)
Aldehydes Powdery Notes (soft floral)
2 (3.4%)
Orange Blossom and Sweet spices (floral oriental)
4 (6.9%)
I like a mixture of two or more smells
9 (15.5%)
I can't stand smelly stuff and/or I am very sensitive to smells because of medical reasons.
5 (8.6%)
I have no idea what I like for a variety of reasons
3 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Jess42

Quote from: iiMTF on August 31, 2014, 11:52:00 PM
Y'all are making me jealous. I dunno what anything smells like!!!

No need to be jealous. Just get out and experience. When you are younger, that is the bonfire thing, when get my age it is all the other non fun crap. But fortunately I am a redneck girl so bonfires and outdoor parties still happen to me . The smell of raw masculinity even though I want them to shower first before anything rally intimate is irresistible  and kissing. petting and closeness is not out of the question with raw male smell. :embarrassed:
  •  

iiMTF

Quote from: Jess42 on September 01, 2014, 12:27:42 AM
Just get out and experience.

By "Just get out and experience" did you mean go out and start smelling things? In a comment before the comment you replied to, I stated I had no sense of smell. :(

No matter how hard I try, I don't smell a thing. Not even flowers! (so TV has driven me crazy, as you can imagine)

iiMTF
Not allowed on for awhile. Be back soon!
  •  

Kylo

I'm sensitive to smells and can't deal with a lot of strong perfumes and deodorants or other strong ones.

Even the ones I like can be too much in an incense burner or cologne.

But I do like the smell after rain, moss, the sea air. Especially moss/earth. The smell of the air outside at 5 am. Cold winter smell.

Firewood, roasted chicken, some types of flowers. My partner, he's a very light on smell dude who doesn't sweat much and has something faintly aromatic about him that's indescribable as a smell but it always has a positive effect for me. The smell of fireworks and burnt matches. Citrus. Turpentine.     
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Viktor on January 20, 2018, 06:16:19 PM
I'm sensitive to smells and can't deal with a lot of strong perfumes and deodorants or other strong ones.

Even the ones I like can be too much in an incense burner or cologne.   

Agreed, I'm actually fairly allergic to most perfumes.

Having said that, I love orange blossom. I bought both orange blossom body wash and deodorant and I love them so much. I'm not sure I'd ever go full perfume, maybe a light body spray at most.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Kylo

I can't deal with most dudes' body wash etc. because the smell is way too strong, sticks around on me for hours and will eventually give me a headache.

I feel like a complainer to mention it around other people, but whatever the problem is, it pretty much relegates me to scentless or mild bathroom products.

I've found some of the more expensive ones are better for not smelling so strong and chemical. The Body Shop used to do a lot of nice stuff that didn't smell overbearing, but it is pricey. I still use their Tea Tree toner because it works well for my stupidly sensitive face.

On the whole having a sensitive nose isn't great. There are so many nice colognes and perfumes you just have to stay the hell away from. And people who practically bathe themselves in them.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Viktor on January 21, 2018, 10:01:30 AM
I can't deal with most dudes' body wash etc. because the smell is way too strong, sticks around on me for hours and will eventually give me a headache.

I feel like a complainer to mention it around other people, but whatever the problem is, it pretty much relegates me to scentless or mild bathroom products.

I've found some of the more expensive ones are better for not smelling so strong and chemical. The Body Shop used to do a lot of nice stuff that didn't smell overbearing, but it is pricey. I still use their Tea Tree toner because it works well for my stupidly sensitive face.

On the whole having a sensitive nose isn't great. There are so many nice colognes and perfumes you just have to stay the hell away from. And people who practically bathe themselves in them.

I think some of this is the reason I like the citrus smells, even with orange blossom vs just orange/citrus in general, as it has far, far less of that overly flowery, cloying smell while still having a bit of scent. For a long, long time I had to go completely scentless because most would set off my psoriasis badly in addition to just being sensitive to the smells, but since my psoriasis is mostly gone I have a few more options.

The worst thing in the world is someone with heavy perfume in a movie theater though. Ugh. I've had to get up and move before, and always feel bad about it so make some slightly awkwardly loud comment like "I can't see well from this angle" just so no one things I'm moving because of them. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

As a child I couldn't breathe through my nose and never had a sense of smell.  After having tonsils out my I could breathe thru my nose.  With the exception of orders like vinegar, bleach and like items which effects me close up, I have never smelled anything.

Now after beginning the HRT I sometimes will have my head in a certain position and wham something was smelled.  As to what, I don't have a clue.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •