Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Cis-hate..

Started by Illuminess, July 23, 2014, 02:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylie

Quote from: Kayla on July 24, 2014, 09:11:43 PM
In reality, Martin Luther King was quite radical. But for Bayard Rustin and Fred Gray, he would be in the same league as the Nation of Islam advocating black people to carry guns.

I've done a lot of reading about Martin Luther King from both positive and negative sources, and i have never seen any indication of this.  I would be interested in knowing where you gained this impression.

As for him wanting to agitate white people.  Certainly.  He wanted to display the true colors and heart of his enemy, and bigots played right into his hands.  In all reality though, they did a lot of very benign, everyday things, that were only provocative to the people who hated them.  It wasn't that provocative to the rest of society.
  •  

LeftistLeslie

•  

Illuminess

△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

OreSama

I never understood the appeal of twitter.  It's such a crappy site.  I'm not even talking about the community for once, it's the way the site is set up that irritates me.
  •  

Illuminess

Quote from: OreSama on July 30, 2014, 07:59:51 PM
I never understood the appeal of twitter.  It's such a crappy site.  I'm not even talking about the community for once, it's the way the site is set up that irritates me.
I recently set up an account just to talk to my niece. She recently came out at nearly 15 as gay, and doesn't have a whole lot of support. I still haven't talked to her, though. I think she might be afraid of me knowing, even though she should know better. She's a special kiddo. I really wish she'd reach out.

•  

OreSama

Quote from: sororcaeli on July 30, 2014, 08:05:05 PM
I recently set up an account just to talk to my niece. She recently came out at nearly 15 as gay, and doesn't have a whole lot of support. I still haven't talked to her, though. I think she might be afraid of me knowing, even though she should know better. She's a special kiddo. I really wish she'd reach out.
Yeah, I totally understand that.  The only reason I use social media at all is to keep in contact with friends and family back home.
  •  

Rose City Rose

I am in a long-term loving relationship with a bisexual cis-male and I can't fathom cis-hate.
*Started HRT January 2013
*Name and gender marker changed September 2014
*Approved and issued letters for surgery September 2015
*Surgery Consultation November 2015
*Preop electrolysis October 2016-March 2019
*GRS April 3 2019
I DID IT!!!
[/color]
  •  

Illuminess

Quote from: Rose City Rose on August 22, 2014, 09:07:04 PM
I am in a long-term loving relationship with a bisexual cis-male and I can't fathom cis-hate.
I think the people who have that attitude tend to be teenagers and into the 20s. Younger generations love to be "social justice warriors", except they're operating primarily on angst. People say punk is dead. Nah, it just keeps mutating, and infecting new carriers. I have my own rebel yell, except it's sonic. You can't hear it, but it'll break through the thickest of skin. :P

•  

Mark3

I don't know if this means anything, but I think that most people today, CIS mostly because they are the majority, are just too self absorbed, or lazy to educate themselves and learn how to respectably treat Trans people, or any other groups for that matter... I mean, most people today can't even tell you who the vice president is, or where a particular country is on a globe, they'd much rather be watching American Idol or playing video games (Which are great entertainment, but...). The only way they seem to sit up and take note is to watch a Laverne Cox interview, or Listen to Andreja Pejic (who I love<3) come out publicly on Entertainment tonight and talk about her SRS.. It's just such a long hard job to educate people, but that seems like the biggest problem we face today..?
I will try so hard here to be an example of how CIS people should act, maybe I will give a few faith that you can be accepted, supported and loved..? <3
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

Illuminess

Quote from: Mark3 on August 22, 2014, 11:09:23 PM
I don't know if this means anything, but I think that most people today, CIS mostly because they are the majority, are just too self absorbed, or lazy to educate themselves and learn how to respectably treat Trans people, or any other groups for that matter... I mean, most people today can't even tell you who the vice president is, or where a particular country is on a globe, they'd much rather be watching American Idol or playing video games (Which are great entertainment, but...). The only way they seem to sit up and take note is to watch a Laverne Cox interview, or Listen to Andreja Pejic (who I love<3) come out publicly on Entertainment tonight and talk about her SRS.. It's just such a long hard job to educate people, but that seems like the biggest problem we face today..?

It's sad, but true. And Andreja Pejic is very symbol of the fallen angel who rebelled against the devil and said, "you have fun being a jerk. I'm going to be gorgeous and amazing and give humans a reason to pay the eff attention!" And lo, she did, and the people swooned.

QuoteI will try so hard here to be an example of how CIS people should act, maybe I will give a few faith that you can be accepted, supported and loved..? <3
I have faith already, Mark3. :)

•