Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

dancing?

Started by chaotic, July 25, 2014, 11:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic

does anybody here enjoy dance as a hobby? o: if so, any particular style or free-for-all? group or alone at home when nobody's looking? :D

i attend korean pop dance lessons, where we learn routines from kpop videos; fun. i'm probably going to sign up to do street dancing soon, too.
nihilistic ghoul with a heavy case of pessimism.
  •  

Evienne

Well sometimes I can move to the music, but I wouldn't really say I can actually dance. :/
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Silverade

Though not as much lately with classes starting up, I learn the dances for various songs for fun in my spare time.

Its mainly Vocaloid/J-pop/K-pop kinds of things but its really satisfying to finally get that really hard part right isnt it? :D
No matter what happens, I'll be right here beside you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to message me at anytime.
I live to help people.
  •  

MySongIsLaughter

I enjoy dancing in clubs as much as the next person! I used to do contemporary dance at school which I wasn't great at but I enjoyed (especially when I got to choreograph things).

This year I've started Rock & Roll classes which are really good fun! The only problem is I've been going to the classes in girl-mode... I'm a bit worried that when I go full time I'll get very confused having to relearn everything the other way round!

Frances :)
  •  

Clhoe G

I love to dance, in my living room when no ones watching,  but I wouldn't really say that I'm bound by style, I just dance.
"Dance style " That sounds a little old fashioned to me.
Thank-you scorpions...

For looking like Goth lobsters.  :laugh:

Quote.
-Jimmy fallon-

Wow, I could have sworn I've been on HRT for longer.
O well this ticker will help me keep track.

•  

Eevee

I used to hate dancing, but I'm starting to like it more now. I still don't go to clubs, though.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

mac1

Quote from: MySongIsLaughter on December 07, 2014, 07:26:22 AM
I enjoy dancing in clubs as much as the next person! I used to do contemporary dance at school which I wasn't great at but I enjoyed (especially when I got to choreograph things).

This year I've started Rock & Roll classes which are really good fun! The only problem is I've been going to the classes in girl-mode... I'm a bit worried that when I go full time I'll get very confused having to relearn everything the other way round!

Frances :)
It is totally different in guy mode. You have to know both your part and the girl part as you have to direct her.
?
  •  

MySongIsLaughter

Funnily enough, I often end up trying to lead my partners when I'm in girl-mode, as I pick up the new routines more quickly! I'm more worried about stepping on the wrong leg or something, or not getting enough momentum to spin the girl to where she needs to be.
  •  

Miril

Ballet!  I started at the prime age of 49 and have been studying it ever since.    I love it for its mental, physical and psychological health benefits.   It is also a way for me to set free my artistic abilities in a very feminine manner.   And... its been excellent for my skiing!
Miril
Miril

"One is not born, but rather becomes a woman"  Simone de Beauvoir,
  •  

JLT1

My wife and I met dancing and competed in American Smooth for several years.  Now, we just dance togather in what ever style we want that works with the music. I lead most of the time but she is getting better.

Hugs

Jen,
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Miril

Mmmm.... American Smooth is such a beautiful form of Ballroom dancing.  You must be very graceful and accomplished to have competed.  My wife and I started taking ballroom lessons but she had to drop out because of foot problems.    I then took up ballet and haven't looked back!

Miril
Miril

"One is not born, but rather becomes a woman"  Simone de Beauvoir,
  •  

and5678

I dance! I picked it up shortly after going post-op (about 6 months after) to really gain confidence as woman. This October/November will make it now approximately 4 years of routinely doing it. I dance Ballroom, both Latin & Standard styles for the most part with some Latin nightclub thrown in there too. Hustle, West Coast Swing, and others are not out of the question either.

I actually used to do it when I was younger as well, but it was more or less me being forced into it by my grandmother. It's funny how things come back around. Now this time it has helped me gain a lot of confidence as woman, as well as keeping me very fit, and have plenty of friends to socialize with.
  •  

MistressAuna

Hello,
We are seeking to organize a group of gurls (passable CD, TG OR TS) for stage performance in the Twin Cities, Mn. This will be a 1950's burlesque show. Please contact me if your interested.
  •