Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dog help again!!!

Started by Nicole, September 16, 2014, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole

I've already fixed an problem I had with my great little dog of growling at everything, turned out it was a toy, however shes got a habit I want to stop.

As I'm not working from home a lot more, editing pics at a desk and such shes free to roam everywhere and will spend hours trying to "creep" up my legs.

At times theres nothing more that I want than a cuddle from her, but when I'm working, sitting with friends or just watching TV she'll start to creep.

Just now, while editing a photo at my deck she spent a good 5 minutes trying to creep up, I now have a paw of scratchers on my legs and she doesn't get it, she'll try, I push her away, she'll try again, again I push her away, I then get these huge puppydog eyes that look so upset and I feel for her.
I've tried he coins in a bottle, it worked once, but nothing else works.

What can I try??
Yes! I'm single
And you'll have to be pretty f'ing amazing to change that
  •  

Frankie

Sounds like she just wants to be touching you or wants you to hold her. I have 2 little pugs that do the same thing, they always have to be touching me or on my lap.
  •  

Mark3

Our little Chuahuah does the same thing (like in my profile picture) .. My secret is I taught her a few basic commands, one being sit, and lay down, which she does very well now.. That got her off my legs when I was sitting, and she usually went to her bed (close by) and layed down.. If she repeats it, I just do it again, with a sterner voice.. She's gotten the clue that if she keeps trying, it will get worse and worse for her, so she does pretty well now with it....
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

Dalibar

Hello, I'm sorta new here but I hope you don't mind me trying to help out a bit.

What I would do is just outlast her and keep ignoring her. The moment she stops pawing at you, praise her and give her attention (assuming she isn't barking or whining). Or when she stops give her a command like "sit" or "down" and praise her. Make sure she knows she wont get attention on her terms, but yours. You can also make sudden "EH EH!" sounds, but praise her when she isn't begging.

If that doesn't work, you can also to train your dog to leave it. If she tries to paw at your leg, use the command and praise her for 'leaving it'. Though some dogs work around this by pawing to be told to leave it just to be praised.

You can also try looking though this guy's channel.
"He viewed his own mentality as grotesque but useful, like a chair made of antlers. There was nothing he could do about it."
  •