Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Am I balding?!

Started by Abby Claire, September 17, 2014, 03:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allyda

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 17, 2014, 08:31:42 PM
Thanks Ally for sharing. Your story really means a lot.  :)

I know that feeling of hair loss triggering emotions. It's basically what kicked me into full transition gear. I'm tired of seeing myself as a man in the mirror and the thought of losing hair on top of that would just kill me. When I manage to get to an endo I'll talk about what I can possibly do. My income is very low right now, so I may have limited options. Sigh... To be trapped in a corner is the worst possible feeling ever.
It's no problem. If by sharing I can help even one girl save their hair to me it's more than worth it and I'm very happy to help.

In addition, I should mention I also take a good women's one a day vitamin along with a good hair, skin, and nails vitamin also fish oil suppliments despite my diet which includes a lot of seafood and poultry. I also don't eat red meat unless in the case of meatballs or ground chuck in pasta dishes. I think everything as a whole has helped to save my hair. The vitamins and suppliments are especially necessary if your dieting trying to lose weight.Your depriving your body of nutrients it's used to and this can accelerate hair loss especially in the event of a family history of it.

Ally ;)
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Abby Claire

Quote from: Allyda on September 19, 2014, 07:28:41 AM
It's no problem. If by sharing I can help even one girl save their hair to me it's more than worth it and I'm very happy to help.

In addition, I should mention I also take a good women's one a day vitamin along with a good hair, skin, and nails vitamin also fish oil suppliments despite my diet which includes a lot of seafood and poultry. I also don't eat red meat unless in the case of meatballs or ground chuck in pasta dishes. I think everything as a whole has helped to save my hair. The vitamins and suppliments are especially necessary if your dieting trying to lose weight.Your depriving your body of nutrients it's used to and this can accelerate hair loss especially in the event of a family history of it.

Ally ;)

I take a hair, nail, and skin vitamin twice daily right now. Also, I don't eat any red meat at all. One of my concerns was actually a possible iron deficiency causing hair loss. I may start taking fish oil though. It is something I had been considering.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 19, 2014, 09:25:36 AM
I take a hair, nail, and skin vitamin twice daily right now. Also, I don't eat any red meat at all. One of my concerns was actually a possible iron deficiency causing hair loss. I may start taking fish oil though. It is something I had been considering.
I forgot to mention the iron supplement that I take. Thanks for reminding me.

Ally ;)
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Abby Claire

Quote from: Allyda on September 19, 2014, 06:26:38 PM
I forgot to mention the iron supplement that I take. Thanks for reminding me.

Ally ;)

Yeah, that's one of the things I need to wait for blood work to see. Everything is so on hold until therapy monday.  :(
  •  

Cin

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 19, 2014, 09:25:36 AM

It started my hair loss, did you lose a lot of weight suddenly? I did, and it really did a number on my hair.

My iron levels are back to normal after taking supplements for three months, I've noticed some re-growth of hair, a few months ago, you could see a definite pattern to my hair loss, but now you can't. My hair is still very thin though, I've been taking biotin supplements and other stuff prescribed to me too.. If nothing else, it has arrested my hair loss at least.
  •  

TinaVane

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 17, 2014, 08:31:42 PM
Thanks Ally for sharing. Your story really means a lot.  :)

I know that feeling of hair loss triggering emotions. It's basically what kicked me into full transition gear. I'm tired of seeing myself as a man in the mirror and the thought of losing hair on top of that would just kill me. When I manage to get to an endo I'll talk about what I can possibly do. My income is very low right now, so I may have limited options. Sigh... To be trapped in a corner is the worst possible feeling ever.
If your income is low you can get Medicaid and in that department a doctor can prescribe you your estradiol / spiro and maybe fina ... And if not you can get it from online pharmacy inhouse which is where I get my finasteride but I'm switching to dutas (generic of Androcur ) when my 3 month supply run out and go to Michigan and get my orchi some time in 2015/2016
C'est Si Bon
  •