Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Keeping it (Explicit Questions)

Started by AnarchyAlice, September 21, 2014, 04:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchyAlice

I decided about a year ago that I did not want to go ahead with sexual reassignment surgery since I am happy as I am now and more comfortable keeping my "male" sex organ. However since I'm having trouble getting an appointment with my endo for about a year now I have questions.

I'm worried about the long term health effects of being on spiro. I have heard mixed opinions ranging from "it's fine" to "GET OFF THAT IT WILL KILL YOU!" so naturally I'm standing on a fence weighing my options. My two primary concerns that are governing my choices are my health, and my sex life. Despite being on HRT for 4 or 5 years I still enjoy sex with my "male" reproductive organ. I know that if I get a vasectemy I can come off spiro but I also hear you can become unable to "perform" afterwords and given that I currently can I worry about losing that ability. A life without penatrative sex sounds pretty unpleasant to me; However I worry that staying on Spiro will cause long term health problems since I'd have to stay on it forever if I intended to stay with a female appearance.

So with that out of the way I wonder what options there are for a person like me, a girl who is content to stay with a penis but wants to live a long, happy, and sexually fulfilling life with the equipment I currently have.

What happens if I come off Spiro and stay on Estrace? Is Spiro going to take years off my life long term or pose health risks that I should worry about? If I get a visectamy is there a chance I will lose my ability to have fulfilling penatrative sex?

Please understand this is all very strange for me to talk about and I'm new to this community, please withhold judgment of me. I merely want information and advice. Thank you to anyone who has read this and I'm sorry for the eradicnes and length, I'm generally a very shy person so this is difficult for me.
  •  

JoanneB

In the grand scheme of things estrogen will kill you far far faster then spiro will. If you are finding widely varying studies, not just peoples opinions, on the long term effects of a fairly well established drug for a fairly common problem across a large population segment, I can assure you the long term effects of high dose estrogen in a male will be far far hazier.

I've been on HRT for almost seven years now. A little over a year ago I stopped the spiro figuring after that time the gonads will be totally killed off, as the popular opinion says. The last blood workup was a shocker with T well back into normal male levels. A feat for anyone, much less a fossil like me. That shined a big spotlight on all the emotional issues that slowly creeped back into my life. "It seemed like a good idea idea at the time" is my standard excuse for doing something stupid.

BTW - a vasectomy will do nothing for your T level, only your sperm delivery ability. Only a full "whacking off your nuts", as my wife puts it, will drop your T level permanently into the sub-basement. From what I see on the eunuch sites you should have zero expectations of being able to perform as a male again. That is without extraordinary one-shot methods that makes me shudder.
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

AnarchyAlice

Thank you for the info and sharing a bit of your story it's really helpful. Funny h ow the drug I should be concerned about is the one I wasn't worried about, in a way I find that a bit relieving. I'm on  estrace and I'm going to get lowered back because my body has a strangely strong response to it and produces more estrogen than it should. I'm not sure if that means that since I'm on a fairly low dose of estrogen I might be a little safer or what. I really need to see my endo. Also kind of glad to know that getting them wacked off is definitely NOT what I want.

You've been super helpful

edit for dosages
  •  

Cynobyte

The whacked as you say it is different for all people.   My testes were having a blood flow issue thanks to uncle Sam and his experiments.  Found my testosterone was already in the 40s for the last 5 years.  It made sex a little harder but that was more due to lung problems too.  This is when I found I could have these what I call female orgasms that make my wife even jealous.  Last year after great pain, I had my nuts whacked.  My testosterone is in the single digit which I'm waiting to raise just a little.   But even wo them I can have great male orgasms.  Just nothing comes out..  but to my choice I can have several strong and long female orgasms to just 1 male orgasm in the same amount of time.  So, practice makes perfect?  I have to admit I made a mod using a transcrotal hole.  It's not a vagina but a good way to hide my penis when needed..  hope this helps, but it may not work for everyone.   I think my orgasms are more cerebral now since a couple weeks ago I experienced my first orgasm just out of thought and a wave like muscle movement without touching myself;)
  •  

Mallory

Quote from: AnarchyAlice on September 21, 2014, 11:45:02 AM
Thank you for the info and sharing a bit of your story it's really helpful. Funny h ow the drug I should be concerned about is the one I wasn't worried about, in a way I find that a bit relieving. I'm on  estrace and I'm going to get lowered back  because my body has a strangely strong response to it and produces more estrogen than it should. I'm not sure if that means that since I'm on a fairly low dose of estrogen I might be a little safer or what. I really need to see my endo. Also kind of glad to know that getting them wacked off is definitely NOT what I want.

You've been super helpful

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713

Thought id share for anyone that also came across this topic and had further questions.
Carpe diem.

•  

sam1234

Alice,
there is no need to feel uncomfortable here. Everyone has had their own problems and doubts and you aren't the minority.

The term transgender envelops a whole realm of preferences when it comes to if people want to transition and if so how far to go. I can't speak much about the hormones as I am an F to M, but leaving your penis intact is your decision. Nerves are difficult to work with and expect them to function as they did before surgery. Children have a better chance of regaining feeling after damage or surgery to nerves than adults, but they can't have transgender surgeries anyway.

I don't have any erotic feeling in my penis, but I knew that going into the phalloplasty. It was more important to me to have a penis than to have normal feeling. That doesn't make one of us right and the other wrong, its merely a difference in priorities. There are undoubtedly people who would accept you as a woman even though you still have a penis.

As for vasectomies, If done right, most men who have had them function just fine. Realize that there is a small percentage whose vasectomies reverse themselves. You would still have testes though, so you would also have testosterone. I'm not sure what the results of having both male and female hormones in the system would be long term. Everyone's body naturally make both hormones, its just that cis men have far more testosterone and cis women have more female hormones.
An endocrinologist would be able to give you a much better idea of the long term effects.

sam1234
  •