Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Letter Help

Started by 2fish, October 05, 2014, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fish

In my letter I did not tell my parents that I wanted to now go by male pronouns, instead I described my feelings and intentions for my transition.

So, do I close my letter to my parents with my new preferred name to show that I am serious about my transition?

Just so you know, I'm over 18 and do live with them.
My letter does not ask for approval from them. I am only asking that they continue to love me and attempt to understand how I feel. I acknowledge that the news to them may be a shock to them. (Even though I've been dressing/presenting as male since I was 17). I'm 25 now.
I don't want them to feel pressured into using male pronouns or my preferred name. I want that to happen on its own. Mind you I do start HRT Oct 22 of this month give or take a day or two cause that is my first appointment date. The letter may be given to them the day before or on the 22nd. I have not yet decided.
My parents don't like to be told to do things or feel pressured to do things. That is why my letter is written in this format.

Thanks for the help!
http://www.gender158.com (A Trans-Masculine Resource Website)
  •  

Matthew

I would mention it, but if they're like that I'd word it carefully.

Instead of saying 'My new name is ____ and I want you to refer to me using male pronouns'

Maybe try 'I've been thinking about this and my transition a lot, and it'd mean a lot to me if you could use male pronouns some time in the future and use my preferred name, which I have thought about and I like ____.'

Reword it and tailor it so your parents handle it better, it's all about the wording

Good luck  ;D
-Matt
  •