News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT going very well for me so far...

Started by ChefAnnagirl, December 14, 2005, 10:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChefAnnagirl

Hi all,

I havent been around much these past few months, and only post very occasionally now - I have withdrawn deeply on some levels just for basic survival reasons... Less time to putz around on the computer as i once had...

Just wanted to let you girls know I have been on my HRT for about three months now, and no unpleasant side effects. As well, I have already begun to develop measurably(Yayyyyyyy :)), as well as begin to see a little change in hair regrowth and skin tone. Ahhhhhhhh - what a wonderful feeling... So much less pressure now in some ways, now that the beginning of this step is finally behind me... I kind of knew(or at least strongly hoped and tried to visualize), a long time ago, that for me, it would be like putting a fish back in the water (or the water back in the fish, as it were...)
I feel relaxed, wonderful, more balanced, and the first few weeks I saw a huge spike in my metabolism that I had to keep with up by eating more, drinking a lot more water, and increased excercise with to keep from going hypertensive in some strange way...
It has all settled down now with no more noticeable side effects...
No dizziness, weakness, cramping, headaches, or fatigue to speak of....
Anyway, I just thought i'd give y'all the update on wonderful things still happening in the midst of so much struggle in all of our lives...

Thanks always for being a wonderful community and a healing part of my life....

Lovingly always,
Love Forever,

ChefAnnagirl
Level the playing field
  •  

Shelley

Great to her Mam,

Glad you are able to drop in occasionally to let us now how it's all going. Hope it continues in the same vane.

Hugs Shelley
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there.

I can understand the wonderful feeling that you are experiencing.  I, and many others went through the same thing.  It sure does feel good when you start, the feeling that you are finally on your way, that your journey has trully started.

I hope that it continues for you.

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Good for you ChefAnnagirl,

I can really relate to the craving thing. Sometimes I hit a 68 floz of V8 juice combined with Pepperocini's I munch them like candy and drink the juice like water. Don't know were that comes from. ;D

Cassie
  •  

ChefAnnagirl

As always,

Thanks all of you for responding and sending me some loving support - you will always have mine back in return.
Last week at my first follow-up since beginning HRT, my endo was really extremely happy to see me both looking so good, in incredibly high spirits that day, and the fact that things seem to be progressing so noticeably well this early on. I love this guy - he's really great, and very professional but quite likeable and really comfortable to deal with - I was referred to him by my psychologist...

I am so blessed lucky to get all the really solid and strong support that I have needed along the way since i begn transitioning last year, most definitely to include Susan's and all of you here, to a truly life-saving extent, especially at the time i first came along to find and join all of you beautiful folks here....

Cassie - the really interesting food cravings are definitely becoming more pronounced, and I am always going to pay them heed as i know it's my body telling me things i really need to listen to. 

The other night, at about 10:00 pm, i was craving sauteed chicken livers (mmmmmm - yummy) so badly that i actually got out of my pajamas, went to the store, bought some, and came home and cooked and munched on at least half a container full - they have never actually tasted so good in my life, and i felt great afterwards - really kind of interesting, huh ?

Lovingly thanks always,

Annagirl
Level the playing field
  •  

molly

Hi AnnaGirl:  As I read more personal stories like yours it makes me realize the power to control my destiny is in our my hands.  For more years than I care to think about I have been living a lie and have suppressed my most basic needs.

You and all the wonderful people at Susan's are an inspiration to me.  For the first time I am exposed to strong people who overcome hardships similar to mine to fulfil a dream.  I don't know how my own story will end, but it will be different because of my exposure to people I have never met in person but who are providing more support and guidance than I can describe.

I am very happy for you and wish you continued success.  Stay strong and stay in touch with post of your progress from time to time.

Molly
  •