Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Glaring incident

Started by Beth Andrea, November 07, 2014, 01:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth Andrea

So I was at work tonight, and was picking up a passenger from a local restaurant...as he comes out, another guy happens to leave with him. I greet my passenger, and as he's boarding I notice the second guy is watching me from the window next to the bus door...

He is obviously glaring at me.  ::) "Oh well", I think. But I do make eye contact with him, long enough to let him know I'm watching him, too. Passenger gets in, sits down, I finish my paperwork, and notice Glaring Guy has moved to the 1 o'clock of the bus (note to self: there are no video cameras recording there)...and the internal floodlight over the driver's seat is on. So obviously he wanted a real good look at me...ok buddy, you get a look. I eyeballed him again, then mouthed "Hi", just like if he was Staff for the passenger. I hold his gaze for a 2-count, glance at my clipboard, shut the door and turn off the floodlight.

And I drove away.

The guy was...well I'm not sure yet. But he knows that I know that he was potentially hostile, and I am not willing to back down from haters.

The rest of the evening I could only smile at how impotent that guy was. "Glaring" was all he could muster to show his displeasure with me.

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Ms Grace on November 07, 2014, 01:52:56 AM
Glad you are OK!

Me too! Although I sometimes think I'm pretty fiiiine.  ;)

Seriously, best way to handle bullies and potential bullies is to stand your ground and let them know that you're ready for them. This doesn't mean doing a Bruce Lee-ish crouch and "hiiii-yah!", but if you back down they get unhealthy bold.

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

big kim

What a wanker he must be,that's the sort of crap real guys grow out of at 13 or 14!
  •  

rosinstraya

Impotent sad little bully boy. You should've driven over him.... ;D.......of course not ...you did the right thing. Good for you! :)
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

MelissaAnn

Beth

I'm really glad that you're safe. I agree that you have to stand your ground with bullies because that's what they're trying to do is strike fear into you and cause a reaction, by doing what you did took all the power away from him, and gave you the win. Nothing makes them feel smaller than knowing that they lost, but do remember your safety has to be your priority. I wish you nothing but luck on your journey and may the Angels always look upon you and help guide you on your path.

Hugs,

Melissa Ann

Athena

Formally known as White Rabbit
  •