Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

group membership + access

Started by cathyrains, November 08, 2014, 04:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathyrains

I just tried to join "MTF" group membership and nothing happened and now the option to "Join groups" has disappeared from my profile settings.
I have become aware that I cannot access numerous sections of these forums.
Sorry, but this is by far the most obfuscated, unintuitive forum I've ever had to navigate. Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?

Cathy

Exceptions to the norm do not constitute a spectrum.
  •  

cathyrains

And yes I'd have put this query in a PM to a staff member IF I HAD THE ABILITY TO DO SO (which I don't). GOD this is by far the most frustrating forum experience, EVER!
  •  

cathyrains

and while I'm here, WHY THE HELL is "comments and suggestions" under "news and events"?!

•  

Devlyn

Take a peek at the rules, hon, none of us got to do that stuff at first.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

cathyrains

My GOD what is it with y'all and rules? It's like you can't fart in here without consulting TOS.
I swear I sleep with the TOS under my pillow but none of that explains why my option to join a group was there one moment and gone the next.
  •  

Devlyn

It's in for approval, a staff member needs to assign you to the group. They're all volunteers, they may be doing something else?
  •  

Ms Grace

Sorry, you can't PM until you reach 15 posts. We have rules in place to stop the individuals who would like to abuse the system, and believe me they would if they could, especially the spambots and the trolls. It just means that everyone else gets to ride along with the restrictions. I'm not sure what the situation is with group membership but will check for you. I understand you are frustrated but I will point out that criticising the ToS is also against the ToS. :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

cathyrains

Quote from: Ms Grace on November 08, 2014, 04:31:12 PM
Sorry, you can't PM until you reach 15 posts. We have rules in place to stop the individuals who would like to abuse the system, and believe me they would if they could, especially the spambots and the trolls. It just means that everyone else gets to ride along with the restrictions. I'm not sure what the situation is with group membership but will check for you. I understand you are frustrated but I will point out that criticising the ToS is also against the ToS. :)

I did not criticise the ToS.
  •  

Cindy

When you 15+ posts you can apply for membership of groups with reasons why you wish to join that group.

I have to admit that I find such 'critical' posts from people who do not read the forum rules to be irritating.

You have, as a new member ample opportunity to discuss issues that are important to you on the open forum.

Cindy
Forum Admin
  •  

Pikachu

As far as I can tell, being a member of a group (at least the ones I am a member of) doesn't get you anything unless you are also a subscriber, so it's really not that big a deal, hon. No need to get so worked up.
  •  

cathyrains

Quote from: Cindy on November 08, 2014, 05:18:01 PM
When you 15+ posts you can apply for membership of groups with reasons why you wish to join that group.

I have to admit that I find such 'critical' posts from people who do not read the forum rules to be irritating.

You have, as a new member ample opportunity to discuss issues that are important to you on the open forum.

Cindy
Forum Admin

Except nowhere in the forum rules does it mention the protocol/procedure for joining groups. The only mention of the requirement for 15+ posts is ToS #17 relating to the Sexuality forum

Quote17. Please limit sexual discussions to the sexuality forum (Requires 15 posts to view). If a thread in another forum turns into a sexual discussion please move the thread to the sexuality forum. Our moderators will assist in this process if necessary.

Which has NOTHING to do with the question I asked. So while you may find it irritating, I did not violate any ToS or indeed criticise the content of the ToS or in fact question the ToS. In fact my query had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TERMS OF SERVICE.

•  

Pikachu

It may not be in the TOS, but all this is covered in the links the mods post in every introduction thread. I read them myself when I first joined, so I know they're there. It's not like this is obscure information.  ::)
  •  

cathyrains

Quote from: Pikachu on November 08, 2014, 05:34:56 PM
It may not be in the TOS, but all this is covered in the links the mods post in every introduction thread. I read them myself when I first joined, so I know they're there. It's not like this is obscure information.  ::)

Interesting.
Here is my introduction thread: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,174374
There were no links posted in there.
  •  

Devlyn

Yup, they missed you. It's not a license to be abrasive, though.  :-*
  •  

Jaime R D

Hey, just be glad the mods will even talk to you, they hate me.
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Devlyn

And look, a moderator talked to you!
  •  

cathyrains

Thank you Pikachu (and Lord Kat for posting in my intro thread).
  •  

Alexis2107

Quote from: cathyrains on November 08, 2014, 05:37:16 PM
Interesting.
Here is my introduction thread: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,174374
There were no links posted in there.

Hello good to see you here and pleasure to meet you.  The ladies are correct, unfortunately due to annoying scammers and spammers there has to be a system put in place to protect regular members here from seeing that bologna.  Once you get a few posts in, and you get your ranks up, you'll appreciate the protection.  This is one of the most awesome forums on the internet today.  We're lucky to have this, not seen forums really in use like this since the 1990's.  Take care sweetie, hope it all works out for you well :)
~ Lexi ~

HRT 11/5/14
Full Time woman 3/12/15
  •