Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Looking for food hunting advice

Started by Daydreamer, December 22, 2014, 04:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daydreamer

I've let myself go pretty bad since I was in the hospital over 18 months ago. I used to be 110 pounds before the third and final stay, which caused me to put on 10 pounds. It's been a while since, and I think I'm pushing 140 again. Shocking, I know. I've been wanting to make a turn around for a while, but I've been too tired and lacking motivation. I think the biggest reason why I want to change things now is because T is in the near future and I want to be on a good road to avoid potential complications later on.

I was wondering if I could get a nudge in the right direction again. I'm trying to aim for foods that are low in sodium and fat, but also high in fiber and protein. I'm not sure if this is more confusing or complicated, but if they're spring/summer foods, that helps too. I'm not really picky with fruits and veggies, and have been wanting to explore more options after having a good experience with spinach (something I use to put my nose up to, now is a favorite of mine). The only thing I'll most likely turn down are tomatoes, but that's it really. A big plus will be (1) it being on an affordable/very small budget (2) is easy,quick, and simple to put together (3) and tastes great. I've considered buying a NutriBullet, but it's out of my price range at the moment.

Probably pointless, but if it also helps: I already have a preference for low-fat/non-fat milk (I might switch over to something like almond milk full time) and while I might become a vegetarian again at some point, I prefer fish, turkey and chicken over pork and beef.

Thanks if anyone has advice or can give me suggestions.

"Stay tuned next for the sound of your own thoughts, broadcast live on the radio for all to hear." -- Cecil (Welcome to Night Vale)

•