Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dilating - holding it in or in & out quickly? - does it make a difference??

Started by 2124abc, December 27, 2014, 01:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2124abc

i think i had a full thickness graft, i had a graft taken from the scrotal skin... if that makes a difference to the topic at hand

i had a brief look but still want people's theory why there is such a difference between <1 minute to 20 minutes

surely 'tearing' or 'stretching' would occur either way

thoughts?
  •  

chinee05

well based on my own experience, initially I was doing <1 minute dilation per session as this was the prescribed dilation procedure of my surgeon. But then later on I switched to 15-20 minute dilation per session and followed the default dilation procedure for soulsource dilators.

One thing I noticed was when I was doing the less than 1 minute was it was always hard to insert the dilator as the pc muscle really fighting it much. But then my dilation got easier when I switched to 15-20 minute session. Now my tightness down there has been normalized and sexual intercourse isnt that difficult anymore
  •  

lilredneckgirl

I  am  not  giving  medical  advise.  you should consult  your  doctors  as  to  their  recomended  methods.  dont  self  diagnose

this is  what  I  was  told  to  do  in  dialiating.  [  15  years ago  ]
pre warm  the  dialiator  in  warm  water,  not  hot  water.  cold  causes  muscles  to  tighten  up.
use  a comfortable  size  dialiator,  apply  generous  lube.  Schrang  recomended  a  surgical  lube.  those  lubes  are  designed  not  to  'dry  up  or  get  sticky'  so  quickly.   
  insert  and  remove slowly,  two  or  three  times.  that  assured  full  spreading  of  the  lube. 
take  the  next  size  up,  lube  and  insert.    after  the  muscles  relax,  push  the  handle  end  down  toward  the  anus,  and  hold.    release  after  a  few  minutes,  rest  and repeat. 
  dialtion  sessions  were  every  4  hours,  for  20  minutes.
  in  the  early  days  just  after  surgery,  i  was  restricted  to  using  just  the  smaller  dialiators. maintaining  depth  was  the  goal.   about  a  month  in,  the  next  size came  into  use. 
  there was  always  caution  urged  not  to  push  to  far  or too  fast. ' let  pain  levels  be  your  guide'  was  his  motto.    there  will  be  discomfort,  but  you  should  not  have  severe  pain.

the  old  style  dialiators we  got  at  the  hospital  had  5 " tools ".    the  biggest  is  huge,  and  honestly,  its  never  even  been  attempted.  {  If a  guy  is  that  big,  Im  running   :o

again,  consult  your  doctors  for  recomendations and  their  prefered  methods.   
  •  

lilacwoman

my surgeon said dilate one hour morning and night .
take some painkiller a few minutes before to try overcome pain.

get dilators that have lengthwise grooves as the plain clear solid ones just push the lube off and cause the painful 'stiction'.

•