Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: V M on February 06, 2019, 02:24:00 PM
No, it means that your friend is a virgin too and you like to slather each other with olive oil LOL  >:-)

Well I made it home from my endo appt, but not until after a 4 & 1/2 hr. hayride through hell which included sliding off the road and getting stuck, listening to the repetitive borish conversations of other passengers and needing to pee like mad  :P  My sides ached for 2 hours after I finally got home and I was worried the whole time that the driver's car might break down because it made all kinds of strange noises

The endo appt. went well though except they nearly wouldn't see me because I got there 20 minutes late

So yeah, 4 hr.s of insanity just to be seen for a 1/2 hr

Are we having fun yet? LOL
That whole drive could have been much easier, I you would live in southern Florida, only 82 degrees today!  Only problem, because it is the waiting room to heaven here, hardly any endos decide to put their tents don here, and you have to wait half a century to get an appointment.
I will get my testicles removed in a few days, which would make you think that there could be a change in hormones, but my endo will not see me before end of March to adjust my HRT accordingly!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

V M

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 06, 2019, 02:40:37 PM
@V M
Dear V M:
Thanks for your followup report.  I am glad that your Endo appointment went well in spite of the traveling difficulties that you encountered trying to get there on time. 

I am sure that with the bad weather and bad driving conditions on the roads that they had many patients showing up late or not at all.   If appointments weren't so difficult to get, it might have been wise to cancel it until the roads and the weather cleared.   

I am certain, that as you stated your "Hayride through Hell" and sliding off of the road were not the best part of your day, and then almost peeing your pants in the van... that just was the highlight of it all for you!!!   ;)..

So, did your Endo suggest any changes in your meds or anything else or as you said, it went well?

Thank you for sharing your very appropriate post here
on the "What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?" thread.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Actually it was a rather cramped 4 door sedan but it was important to make this appt. as I already had to reschedule twice and I needed to re-up on my scripts

Another nice surprise is the chemist er pharmacy delivered my meds about a 1/2 hr after I'd been home  ;D

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Struggling to find a life experience or path that's suitable for me, but being held back by my own insecurities...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

last night actually.

We were loading up the car to go shopping. I stepped past the car window on my way back into the house. In my peripheral vision I saw him in the reflection. Not just any him, him from years ago with no changes. It made my heart stop (felt like) and my head spin. I made it up the steps to my front door and stopped. I had to close my eyes.

I've never used a mental litany before. This time I stood there and repeated "I am a woman" "I am pretty" over and over. After forever (few seconds more like) I continued into the house.

Once back in the car and on the way shopping I realized .. I don't feel bad. The moment had passed, it came and went. Was it the litany? I don't know. I'm just glad it left so that I could enjoy the evening.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 15, 2019, 08:24:46 AM
last night actually.

We were loading up the car to go shopping. I stepped past the car window on my way back into the house. In my peripheral vision I saw him in the reflection. Not just any him, him from years ago with no changes. It made my heart stop (felt like) and my head spin. I made it up the steps to my front door and stopped. I had to close my eyes.

I've never used a mental litany before. This time I stood there and repeated "I am a woman" "I am pretty" over and over. After forever (few seconds more like) I continued into the house.

Once back in the car and on the way shopping I realized .. I don't feel bad. The moment had passed, it came and went. Was it the litany? I don't know. I'm just glad it left so that I could enjoy the evening.

Been there, believe me. Except you dealt with it much better than I did then. It prompted a full-scale, multi-day meltdown for me. You should be justifyingly proud for the way you bounced back. Good on ya, girl!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

What made me happy driving home from work my favourite pizza place was still open so I stopped and they where about go sold my 1 and a half large pizzas for $15. The guy was Jamaican and said come in I'll make a deal on these pizzas mon. What made me unhappy was hitting my head on a filling cabbnit at work cheap devious pizza makes up for it..
  •  

Roll

Had a TERF screenshot an old tweet of mine where I was jokingly complaining about getting misgendered while looking pretty good, conflate it with a pre-Laser picture I posted and create a hit thread. Result, about 40 replies from transphobic jerks doing that supremely feminist action of mocking appearance. There were a few that missed the point of the mockery and apparently thought I was cis and legitimately seemed to say "how'd that pretty girl get sir'd!", which sort of torpedo'd their whole "haha you don't pass" line from within, so that was funny. I found out about all of this because one particularly intelligent (read: incredibly clueless) specimen actually @'d me in his reply mocking me. Anyway, the few "positive" ones aside, I cried a good bit in the middle of Chick-fil-a.

Then I got angry. Reported whole thread one by one, linked entire thing to Twitter support. The original poster realized what was happening, and dropped their account into protected and tried to delete things too late. ;D

So yeah. It sucked it happened. But you know what? Justice can be sweet. Multiple of the people in the thread are already suspended.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

I've been so incredibly busy lately, hardly time to catch my breath  :P  But I'm getting a lot done and that makes me feel good

At least I'm not boorishly milling about and wasting much of my time on meaningless frivolity  ;)

I am kinda bummed out that I can't stay awake long enough to watch a movie at night though
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

CynthiaAnn

my youngest daughter came with her boyfriend and visited for several hours, and then they left, awww....
  •  

Ryuichi13

Happy:  The last season of Game of Thrones is finally here!  We get to find out what happens!  :D
Unhappy: The last season of Game of Thrones is finally here!  That means its nearly over.  :-\

I'm so hooked on this freakin' show.  :o

Ryuichi

•  

Linde

Contacted the University of Florida, Miami to find out if they take my insurance.  They answered very promt.
(this made me happy)
But the answer was:

Please call Dr Nugent to set up an appointment, wee will answer all your questions at that time!

That made me sad!

•  

Lisa89125

Frustrated that my favorite B&S 5hp engine has had it. Happy I found a short block replacement for a 45 year old engine. Sad, I can't afford it right now.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I experienced another rite of passage today: boobie sunburn. Apparently I needed to reapply more often when showing some cleavage.

But these things are going to look kinda gross when the peeling starts.  :-X
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Faith

I tried some new nail polish (well, old yet new). color == Black Tie. Not truly black the colors shift with the light, black, gray, blue, violet, very cool. To fit a scheme I put on my black boots, black tights, dark-toned short'ish skirt, black top. I also wore my yin-yang choker (braided with wooden pieces) and a jeweled black bracelet that fit over my long sleeves. I matched with some darker make-up and darker red lipstick.

Well, I thought I looked really good, I felt good, wandered at work to varying degrees of 'you look nice' to 'wow, you're killin' it!'  Asking me if I was going out because the outfit was wasted at work. So, yeah, I felt really good ... except ..........................

.................. Lori's face when I left, the distancing, watery eyes .. yep, she only saw 'her' as well and it hit her, hard - he is not there. It hounded me all day. Despite my 'feel good' I had a dark cloud. By the time I got home I went straight to the bathroom and removed my face - crying the whole time because I could see her literally disappearing before my eyes. Everything came off and on went the blue jean and button up shirt. I tied my hair back as far as I could, liberally applying mousse to tame it flat.

I'm keeping it all choked in for the most part.

yeah, that's my day.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Your comment certainly fit into the topic of "Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time"  ....
In previous posts of yours I had the impression that Lori was on board with your transition but I guess that there is still the thought in her mind about you ....  her?   him?

I have no words to offer other than wishing you well walking your tightrope and trusting you success with your transition and also success at home with Lori.   Those two things hopefully are inclusive and I am rooting for you and Lori.  I will keep you two in my thoughts.

Thanks for  posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Faith

there are two sides in every married couple going through transition. Lori does fully support me, that doesn't change the fact that she loves him, married him, misses him, grieves for him. In many ways this is much harder on her than it is on me.  I am becoming me, who I should be, who I always was. She is losing him, has lost him. Yet here I am, reminding her everyday of what she has lost because I am still here - yet not.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:

You gave a wonderful and truthful explanation.
Again, you two are in my thoughts and prayers...

Wishing you the best,
HUGS,
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on May 09, 2019, 04:26:56 PM
there are two sides in every married couple going through transition. Lori does fully support me, that doesn't change the fact that she loves him, married him, misses him, grieves for him. In many ways this is much harder on her than it is on me.  I am becoming me, who I should be, who I always was. She is losing him, has lost him. Yet here I am, reminding her everyday of what she has lost because I am still here - yet not.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Faith on May 09, 2019, 04:26:56 PM
there are two sides in every married couple going through transition.

It's not easy, it fact it's one of the hardest things in this world to navigate (transition within a marriage).

Best wishes to you both...

C -
  •  

Linde

Got  parking ticket at the county court house for illegal parking.  They wanted $54 from me for this.  i went right to the manager and showed him my handicapped placard, and a picture of my car sitting there with the card hanging from he mirror.
Ticket was scrapped, and I was told that they will educate their parking control officers better about what such a card means!

I lost $54 and found them again!

•  

V M

Unhappy - Cheapskates and fake nice hostile takeovers

Happy - I really couldn't give a shnick anymore

- V M
  •