News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Bottom Surgery without Transition

Started by Claraaa, January 31, 2015, 10:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScramBrain

Quote from: AnonyMs on May 10, 2019, 01:52:39 AM
You don't get to pick what parts of your body are effected by hormones, but you can adjust the dose. Estrogen has a powerful psychological affect which you can't really appreciate until you try it, and there's no predicting how it will effect you.

Your main difficulty is finding doctors who will do what you want, but its quite possible as others have. Not sure how far you'll get if you're relying on insurance, but you can do whatever you want if you have the money and determination. I know of a number of people who have.

I appreciate you're probably non-binary, but it also seems like you have doubts you could successfully transition to female. I sometimes think the same thing, but its amazing what others have done.
I guess this whole thing is an iterative process to think about now that I'm not mentally shrugging it off. Since last posting I have become less concerned about estrogen if I can take relatively small doses. I have quite a passive temperament and am not unusual or remarkably stand-out looking. (Beta male?) So I suppose I'd still be passably male if my features softened to a relatively small degree. Another part of my aversion to a full change is that I feel like I've pretty much missed the window in which I figure being fully female would be most fun, 15-25-ish, and getting near the 40s and older that presenting as a man who happens to wear female clothing on the bottom would be more comfortable. The only thing that's really bothered my consistently is my genitals and the clothing limitations that result.

I'll continue with my aforementioned "get through college and be somewhat sorted" timeline and hope that everything goes well. Could someone tell me where I could see a beginners guide to what E vs T could/would change and to what degrees? Depending on budget and effects, I might just see about training and/or surgery to get my upper legs and such shaped nicely.

I don't expect much more need to discuss here, so thanks for getting me thinking and somewhat informed!
  •  

AnonyMs

Have a look at this post.

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,130268.0.html

•