Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Comfort

Started by adrian, February 14, 2015, 02:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

I was just reading through some posts on my (private) blog and came across these two quotes from another blog that I follow (Mikah's neutrois.me). I still find them incredibly comforting. I'm having a rough time at the moment, and many of you do too. So I thought I'd share Mikah's words of wisdom:

QuoteEverything is a spectrum.
Gender. Sexuality. Transitioning. Hormone therapy. The color red. Shoe sizes. Actual feet sizes. My craving for chocolate. Knowledge. The universe? How much of a failure I feel like today. How much I love someone. Sometimes it's better to not set a limit.

QuoteHow to deal with the world

The world sucks a lot sometimes. Whether I'm bemoaning the fact that my hips are wide when they shouldn't be, or that my hair is curling up instead of down; whether I'm frustrated with a stupidly unnecessary costly legal process for changing my gender, or stupidly unnecessary costly legal process for staying in the country; whether I'm fearful of being harassed for being gender ambiguous, or not looking my age, or being short and feeling vulnerable; whether I stress about my next testosterone shot, or my next project deadline; it's all STRESSFUL.

Some problems have solutions. Some don't. Some have solutions that are not ideal. Some have solutions that are not within our reach, yet or ever. Some problems have consequences that are worse than others. Some problems aren't really problems at all.

Source: http://neutrois.me/2014/09/08/things-ive-learned-from-being-transgender/
  •  

Ms Grace

Some wise words there!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

sam1234

I agree, those are wise words. Something to remember. Everyone, be they trans, gay or otherwise has problems and hurdles in their lives. Its all in how you handle them.

sam1234
  •