Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Feminine diet.

Started by Equestriaghoul, February 17, 2015, 10:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equestriaghoul

Hello, I was wondering if there are any foods that make your testosterone a little bit lower(not foods that you've heard do this, foods that you KNOW lower testosterone), I know I can't do much without blockers(which I'll get ASAP), but I'd like to get my testosterone level a little bit lower, the reason why is that my voice is still pretty high, I can sound androgynous or like a slightly butch woman with little effort, sometimes without even trying, and I've heard of people who were assigned male at birth being in puberty until their early twenties, granted, I think I'm probably done, since I haven't grown in height for at least a year, but just in case I'd like to keep my voice the way it is, so I was thinking maybe I should change my diet a little bit until I get blockers, can anyone help me?

Like I said, I'm looking for foods that you KNOW do this, not ones you've only heard lower testosterone, I'm looking for facts, not hearsay.

Thank you for your time.
  •  

Jade_404

I have had good results with spearmint tea. I found it helps lower my sex drive which is in relation to T levels. I don't have actual numbers, but If I drink at least 6 cups a day I notice a difference. When my T is high I get sick because Lymes bacteria feed on it and multiply, the spearmint tea is now a part of my daily diet and I feel much healthier from drinking it. I also feel much calmer when I have had tea, I bet that has to do with lowered T as well. I have less Lymes flair ups. I would love to have tests to determine how much effect spearmint has. I grew some in my garden and was adding whole leafs to my salads, I am pretty sure it was helping me. Now that my fresh supply is gone, I have just continued to drink 6 glasses "Mint Melody" tea a day.

There is lots of info about spearmint lowering T levels online. I gather from reading info online and from testing by actual continued use that it takes a lot of spearmint and a continual daily dose to see/feel results.

Sorry if my post is too much hearsay, but I think if you look into spearmint you will see that it does have T reducing properties.

-Jade
:-*
I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you.
but time makes you bolder, children get older , I'm getting older too.
  •  

Jade_404

Quote from: Jade_404 on February 17, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
I have had good results with spearmint tea. I found it helps lower my sex drive which is in relation to T levels. I don't have actual numbers, but If I drink at least 6 cups a day I notice a difference. When my T is high I get sick because Lymes bacteria feed on it and multiply, the spearmint tea is now a part of my daily diet and I feel much healthier from drinking it. I also feel much calmer when I have had tea, I bet that has to do with lowered T as well. I have less Lymes flair ups. I would love to have tests to determine how much effect spearmint has. I grew some in my garden and was adding whole leafs to my salads, I am pretty sure it was helping me. Now that my fresh supply is gone, I have just continued to drink 6 glasses "Mint Melody" tea a day.

There is lots of info about spearmint lowering T levels online. I gather from reading info online and from testing by actual continued use that it takes a lot of spearmint and a continual daily dose to see/feel results.

Sorry if my post is too much hearsay, but I think if you look into spearmint you will see that it does have T reducing properties.

-Jade

I wanted to add that I felt much more reduced T effect when I was eating the fresh leaves from my garden. :laugh:
I plan to grow much more spearmint this year  :P

-Jade
I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you.
but time makes you bolder, children get older , I'm getting older too.
  •  

Jayvin

Kind of an older thread, but I had some input so I figure I'd add in for anybody that happens to come across it later.

Soy is a huge one. It has a protein that will basically activate receptors that respond to estrogen. So, if you have low estrogen, it'll start to activate the receptors, which will in turn start using more estrogen in your body. Generally a fair amount of holistic doctors and even places that focus on vegetarian/vegan diets will mention that there's a possibility of gynecomastia if you have a high soy intake. The doctor I see for HRT has mentioned that they've had patients that had a high soy intake that appeared to have higher estrogen levels. Personally, when I removed soy from my diet (FTM) I was able to lose chest weight much easier.

I am not positive how accurate this list is, since they lack sources to back up their claims, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try?
http://bembu.com/estrogen-rich-foods

Also something to consider, look up foods that are known to lower estrogen levels and bring up testosterone levels. Try to check for scientific sources, it appears most places just pull stuff out of their butt to be honest. The only thing I've seen a ton of research to back it up would be soy. So, I guess if you are able to switch onto some sort of soy-based diet, you'd do fairly well. I used to eat a lot of soy sprouts and would throw a ton of it in stir-fry. Also soy milk (Pearl brand was awesome for cereal) and such.
  •  

Amy Chislett

From not great source reliability wise, I have heard salmon increases testosterone.  I know it has cholesterol so it kind of makes sense to me. I'd stay clear.
HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero
  •  

thewitchoforigins

Chicken, dried fruit, flax seed, sesame seeds, chickpeas, beans, peas, tempeh, bran, alfalfa, soy milk, eggs, and most berries are estrogen boosters. Stay away from things like beef and broccoli, they can increase testosterone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •