Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I may need to find a new cat.......

Started by Lady Smith, June 03, 2015, 07:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Smith

While I was sitting on the loo this evening a small grey housemouse came out of hiding and sat in the middle of the bathroom floor looking at me.  If my dear departed cat the late Sydney was still with me no mouse would dare attempt to stroll about my house let alone disturb me in the privacy of my own bathroom.  So (sigh) it seems that I'm going to need to find myself another cat.
I miss my former black and white companion who for all his faults and eccentricities was a very affectionate cat, - as well as being a champion mouser.  The question is though am I ready yet to take on another moggy? - I suppose I shall have to wait and see who comes by my door in the future and tells me that they are my new cat.
  •  

katrinaw

Oh dear, and you can't even get a kitten (cute) but useless at keeping mice away, as my daughter discovered...

Good luck, hope one knocks at your door with cuddle me eyes and wants a new home

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Mariah

As much as my two cats have short falls, I enjoy having them around. I can totally understand sympathize with your missing the cat you used to have. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

wanessa.delisola

Today i was talking about something similar: A girl friend (not a girlfriend) of mine lost her beloved cat last year, and then got 3 new cats. She clearly likes the new cats, but it isnt even close of how she use to love the old one. She would skip dates, get home early, couldnt go out deppending on the hour, all because of that cat. Now, she is much more "free".

Then, I started to think about myself. Three years ago, my rottweiller (the sweetest dog I ever had) died and my chihuahua was very very sick. She died as the age of 10, while the chihuahua was 16. After she died, the little one didnt last much longer, and died too. I was devastated, so, i didnt wait much to get a new dog.

So I got my labrator. He is a cute, insane, hyperactive, smart as f*** and very, very needy dog. And sure, I love him. But i always got the feeling that I dont like him as much as i liked other two. Possibly because i got him for the wrong reasons.

I always think that i should have waited more to get a new dog. But, well, too late.

So, i think you should be sure that you are not doing this for the wrong reasons, like I did.

•