Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Wachowski's Netflix original "Sense8" staring trans actress Jamie Clayton.

Started by amber roskamp, June 03, 2015, 01:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amber roskamp

omg I don't agree with the critics at all with this show I was only gonna watch the first 2 episodes because im watching the show tomorrow with my friend, but im on ep 5 now. I love it!!! so much emotions!!!!

ps don't tell my friend im on ep 5..... maybe 6 by the time aye gets here.
  •  

rosinstraya

May be worth getting the free trial for this....

Have a lot of OITNB to watch in the meNtime however.
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

amber roskamp

I would delay oitnb until after. Laverne is amazing but the shows writing was like hormones this, surgery that. it is kinda tedious how many of her lines are about her transition. So far, aside from the first time Nomi (Jamie Clayton) is shown where she is injecting a shot probably E, they haven't had her mention hormones. Which I like because cis people even allies get really obsessed with our transition because other media outlets do out a huge focus on the transition itself.
  •  

Ms Grace

It's doing a good job with her as a character, indeed most of the other characters are getting some good development but I just wish it would pick up the pace and get on with the freaking conspiracy. I just finished episode 7 and the characters are mostly bumbling around in a daze wondering if they're going nuts.

Quote from: amber roskamp on June 07, 2015, 06:50:03 AM
...cis people even allies get really obsessed with our transition because other media outlets do out a huge focus on the transition itself.

It's as if they don't really know what else there is to talk about!!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Boo Stew

And I say, hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah
I said hey, what's going on?

LOL. As I long suspected, 4 Non Blondes unites us all.

You'll know when you get there.  ;)
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Boo Stew on June 07, 2015, 10:51:39 AM

That part was amazing!!! Gave me such a big smile!  ;D

I'm on episode 7 and oh my Godlessness!!! I am in love!
  •  

SarahMarie1987

Just added it to my list.

I am a little curious about the amount of sex, violence, and language.

I'm not a prude. I just don't know what the standards of Netflix are like. I had HBO for a while, but I was turned off (lol) by just the overabundance of the aforementioned things. Personally, I feel that you don't always need to have a lot of those sort of things in a show or a film to be adult.

"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: SarahMarie1987 on June 07, 2015, 03:50:59 PM
Just added it to my list.

I am a little curious about the amount of sex, violence, and language.

I'm not a prude. I just don't know what the standards of Netflix are like. I had HBO for a while, but I was turned off (lol) by just the overabundance of the aforementioned things. Personally, I feel that you don't always need to have a lot of those sort of things in a show or a film to be adult.

Um I am going to be honest. There is a whole lot of sex, nudity, and violence. The show can get very steamy very fast..... If those things bother you it's probably not the best thing for you  :-\
  •  

Ms Grace

Half way through episode eight. I'm finding Nomi's story to be the most interesting followed by the cop, only because they're both getting involved in the conspiracy. The others are reasonable characters but some of their sequences really bog the overall story down. Kind of wish it would get to the point already!

Quote from: amber roskamp on June 07, 2015, 05:50:09 PM
There is a whole lot of sex, nudity...

That's the best part!! ;D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Boo Stew on June 07, 2015, 10:51:39 AM

Just watched this episode.  Absolutely loved it.  I don't remember ever smiling like that for a tv series before.

Paige :-)

•  

Squircle

I'm three episodes in but I'm finding it hard going... The script is so clunky sometimes and a few of the characters are quite one dimensional, and their roles are a little bit cliche. It's great that it's trying to be diverse but there are so many subplots and very little actually happens that's interesting. I'll give it another few hours and hope it starts to have a bit more purpose and narrative.
  •  

Lady Smith

I watched the first episode last night and my first impression was, 'Wow!'  I guess I will need to view a couple more episodes to really be able to venture an opinion, but I know I'm looking forward to watching episode 2 this evening.
  •  

Paige

Just finished the first 12 episodes.  I love this series, I hope it continues.

Paige :)
  •  

amber roskamp

I haven't even finished it yet I will by the end of the week end though
  •  

SarahMarie1987

Quote from: amber roskamp on June 07, 2015, 05:50:09 PM
Um I am going to be honest. There is a whole lot of sex, nudity, and violence. The show can get very steamy very fast..... If those things bother you it's probably not the best thing for you  :-\

I watched the first two episodes. :-)

Was surprised at the sex scene between Nomi and Amanita (Amaneta ?) right away. Did not bother me at all.

What did bother me was opening the series with a suicide. A very graphic one at that.

Still I am going to watch. The characters are damn interesting and feel incredibly human and real.

•  

amber roskamp

Quote from: SarahMarie1987 on June 12, 2015, 07:19:49 PM
I watched the first two episodes. :-)

Was surprised at the sex scene between Nomi and Amanita (Amaneta ?) right away. Did not bother me at all.

What did bother me was opening the series with a suicide. A very graphic one at that.

Still I am going to watch. The characters are damn interesting and feel incredibly human and real.
I am really pleased with the sex scene. I mean you can really tell that a trans women made the movie because it wasn't like let's make sure to show her genitals when we get the chance. It's nice that they haven't even mentioned whether or not nominated got the surgery....
  •  

Kalex

I loved this show. I watched in a few days, hope they get a season 2.

The sex scenes and other explicit scenes were a little to much for me, but I really enjoyed everything.

Nomi, Lito and Wolfgang are the best for me
Just because you spend a lot of time with someone doesnt mean you know their darkest secrets
  •  

SarahMarie1987

Quote from: amber roskamp on June 12, 2015, 08:15:18 PM
I am really pleased with the sex scene. I mean you can really tell that a trans women made the movie because it wasn't like let's make sure to show her genitals when we get the chance. It's nice that they haven't even mentioned whether or not Nomi got the surgery....

Fixed the typo for ya! ;-)

I really liked that sequence because of how it was shot. It wasn't carnal or exploitative. It just was. So that was just really nice to see. Like people have sex in this world and it's normal.

I'm only up to episode five, but how awesome was that 4 Non Blondes sing-a-long? It put the biggest smile on my face. Made me dance around in my bed and sing too!

Someone else mentioned (in another television board) that the Wachowskis' have this overall theme of "love win out" or "love will win through" (in a humanistic sense). Does anyone agree or disagree with this? I, personally, think it is a wonderful theme/message to send out there in the world.
  •  

Valwen

So far liking the series especially the treatment of Naomi, well there was that super trigger inducing idea, that reminded me of how many people want to "fix" us even if it means destroying who we are.

I will say it reminds me of why I never got into heroes, half way through and most of the characters have no clue what is going in, this it's why I liked arrow no 10 seasons of secrets or slow reveals I get bored fast when people can't figure out what's going on.
What is a Lie when it's at home? Anyone?
Is it the depressed little voice inside? Whispering in my ear? Telling me to give up?
Well I'm not giving up. Not for that part of me that hates myself. That part wants me to wither and die. not for you. Never for you.  --Loki: Agent of Asgard

Started HRT Febuary 21st 2015
First Time Out As Myself June 8th 2015
Full Time June 24th 2015
  •