Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anybody else practicing horse riding?

Started by Khatru, June 08, 2015, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khatru

I feel like I'm surrounded by cis girls everywhere!
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Khatru on June 08, 2015, 05:20:08 PM
I feel like I'm surrounded by cis girls everywhere!
:)
but that is one of the advantages... lots of girls...
and many of them are quite nice imo :)

hugs
  •  

kittenpower

That sounds like a lot of fun, what kind of riding are you doing? Horses are awesome!
  •  

Khatru

Mostly dressage, but just once a week though. and yes some of the girls at the stables are so nice, but too bad it's such a gendered environment, at least at most of the riding schools i've been to.
  •  

Laura_7

Well you might see if there are tours outside of the stable...
oftentimes stables lend horses...

just be really careful then...
unknown horses and surrounding...

some tours were nice... haven't been riding in a long while...

well quite a few of the girls there might be quite practical and common sense... not necessarily gendered...
it probably depends on the stable...

hugs
  •  

CinderellaMan

This thred out of all the others prompted me to create a profile here and start conversating i only wish there were more horse people out there like me (us). I havent rode in a few years and havent been around horses in the last couple months, my love for them is deep but i have disconnected my self from that world do to my decision to persue my innerself her, if there are any gender understonding horse people out there please let me know im not alone.
  •  

Laura_7

Well you're not alone  :)

Maybe you can lease a horse some day...
or just watch a bit :)

*hugs*
  •  

CinderellaMan

:angel:thanks i have been much closer to them than any thing, have allways had my own and made my business and life for the last 12 revolve around them. Most of the enjoyment is them the rest is with others and those wonderfull beings, just not sure where i fit in never have so i am verry hope full that soon i will find a spot riding and working with the ponies as me "calie" :)
  •  

Juliastee

Years ago. Mainly dressage but some cross country and jumping. Out beautiful TB mare had to go after she broke a leg. Then children... Would love to get back into it though (English style of course, but not side-saddle, that's way too hardcore!)

Julia
  •  

cadenemory

Hi! Apologies for replying to an old thread but I'm new and just saw this topic and got so excited! I'm nonbinary, Definitely more masculine. I grew up in the hunger/jumper horse show world and have been riding since age 2. Currently have my childhood horse who is semi-retired and used to be my 3' hunter and am leading a 3'-3'6" hunter prospect. Needless to say I was THAT weird horse kid. If yall are still on here send me a message back!
  •  

Briah

I started riding at around 5, mostly western at camp on weekends.  I loved them.  Every now and then I wold get to ride but not seriously.  Then in my early 20's I started taking lessons to begin working toward riding combined training.  When I went into the Army I quit as there frankly wasn't much riding in the part of Alaska where I was stationed.  About 30+ (as I think about this it is more of the +) I started riding again.  Lessons for jumping, cross country, and dressage.  I rode in some combined training events and lots of dressage.  After several pretty nasty injuries I finally had to give up most of the jumping but I still ride dressage.  I am preparing for second level this year and have taken two other horses to training in 3rd and 4th level.

I ride in my male person although would like to just go fem but that is a very different story not for this thread.

Yes, I have met many nice women riding.  I have met some nice men riding but not many.  For many years I was the only male type person at the show.  I have met a lot of really nice horses over the years and often have preferred them.
  •