Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Empaths and Empathy

Started by cindybc, September 08, 2007, 07:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cindybc

Hi, Jemma, Yes, to keep it as simple as we can, emapathy is the ability to feel other people's feelings, even the energy of animals and plants.

As for the spiritual part, it is what you feel in your heart. I believe that right there, there is certainly a correlation between empaths and trans folks. Both are sensitive and very easily swayed by the energy around them. The problem is that these sensitivities and overconfidence can also bring disaster upon those who have them. Some get scared of the energy around them so they retreat into themselves, not allowing their true selves to come out for fear of repercussions.

We care for others, maybe at times even more than we do about ourselves. The other person comes first. We have this urge or need to be there for those in need. This is why you will find many empaths and sensitives on this board and in real life.  In the area in which I live I find that all are into some type of service work, like nursing, rescue personnel, emergency personnel like medics and fire department, Social Services, doctors, and so many other types of pubic services.  They are also found in soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, nursing homes, halfway houses, or trans people working within their own support systems, just to name a few.

This is the correlation between empaths and transsexuals with which I was hoping to make some type of connection, trans persons and empaths , often one and the same, working to help others in any manner by supporting other fellow humans that are in need, so to speak. For myself, this has been the biggest drive in my life which has kept me going to this point and to actually be grateful and humbled for the opportunities to play my part in them. 

I just feel there is no better way of satisfying what is in my heart. A proud, aging lady doing the best she can to ease the pain of others. who ties her hair back and goes to work without a second thought.

Cindy             
  •