Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

RIP Kira Myers

Started by Jessica Merriman, July 06, 2015, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica Merriman

Our community has lost another to suicide. My friend Kira Myers ended her life tonight. When will this madness stop? Rest in peace my dear friend. I will miss you terribly.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
  •  

Jill F

That hurts.  I know she was hurting for a long time.

RIP Kira357
  •  

Andre87

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on July 06, 2015, 08:55:47 PM
Our community has lost another to suicide. My friend Kira Myers ended her life tonight. When will this madness stop? Rest in peace my dear friend. I will miss you terribly.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

RIP :(

Back in 2008 or so(I had old account), I don't remember that so many people were suicidal...It's so sad. :( What can we do in order to convince some members here that they matter(a lot!) and that every day is new chance...
Every man is a star whose light can make shadows dance differently and change our view of landscape permanently***
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I was the one who was in contact with the Police last week when she threatened to do this. After that she unfriended me for interfering and died hating me. How do I live with that?  :'( :'( :'(
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on July 06, 2015, 09:09:36 PM
I was the one who was in contact with the Police last week when she threatened to do this. After that she unfriended me for interfering and died hating me. How do I live with that?  :'( :'( :'(

I'm so sorry Jessica.  Personally, I couldn't live with myself if I just did nothing.  It sucks when you care about people sometimes, and this is the price.  I would like to think that you improved her chances of survival by acting as you did.

Big hugs,
Jill
  •  

Mariah

Jessica, I agree with Jill she wouldn't have lived this long if it wasn't for you. You tried and as a good friend you did everything you could for her. Remember that more than anything that you tried your best. Sometimes our best just can't get the job done. It's not your fault. Big hugs. RIP Kira
Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

katrinaw

Big hugs Jessica

I am so sorry that Kira has found her peace and that you feel especially sad about it.

Sometimes, no matter how much we help, events become out of our sphere of control, but we should never feel guilt or pain when we have done everything we can and provided love, support and help.
We can do no more than provide that care and love and should feel some sort of solace in that we have tried to better someones life. But I do know it has a profound effect on each of us and we all share that sorrow too.

big hugs Jessica xx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Dena

Jessica, the way you life with the fact that you reported her is to think her dying without you reporting her. You would always know there was something you didn't do that might have saved her. You were her friend even if she didn't understand it. I am sorry for you loss and the loss to the community.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Thanks everyone for their concern about me. Being from the career I was I dealt with the aftermath of these events and it rattled me to have it happen to  friend. The thought of her dying alone and scared without anyone near who loved her is heart breaking. I have a great support system myself and the love of my life and soul mate Tommilynn Travis to help me. Please think of Kira and hope she is no longer in the pain we all know too well.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I AM ANGRY!! Sadness over the loss of my friend has turned. To the Florida Police Department I contacted about Kira, her death is on you. I am a retired Law Officer here in Oklahoma and you need to change your policies or is one more lost transgirl not a biggie? I gave you complete information on her, I told you what was going on in her life and you walked away. Here we have a 72 hour mandatory hold and if that had been done she may not be dead tonight. You even responded there before! Not to have her evaluated is a crime in my mind as well as humanities. Damn you all!!!!
  •  

Lakegirl28117

I had just friended her on another site, and we were talking about her music.  Yesterday she sounded good after the previous day.  I am so sorry she felt this was the only way out.  Just horrible.  I think of my fellow veterans who commit suicide - sometimes we called it "goin home".  I pray she is now at peace.  She has let us know how much more work needs to be done.  RIP, Kira. :icon_no:
  •  

V M

So very sorry to hear of her passing  :'(   RIP Kira

Group hugs everyone
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Yenneffer

Hugs I love you brothers and sisters just forgive this confused girl
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Lakegirl28117

Does anyone have any funeral information on her?
  •  

gennee

Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear of Kira's passing It's a shock when someone you know end their life. The police seem to really not care (I'm speculating).

RIP, Kira.

p.s. Don't blame yourself for what happened.
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

stephaniec

some times the pain is insurmountable. My faith tells me there was a hand waiting to comfort,
  •  

Shana-chan

@Jessica: On the matter of your anger, if you really believe and more so have evidence to prove what the police did was wrong, then I say sue them. Maybe then this kind of stuff will happen less or at least in Kira's area.

On the matter of Kira and you. I want you to remember this Jessica, she was indeed your friend; people do things they don't truly mean, even say stuff they don't really mean when they are angry and or in a suicidal state of mind. I know in your heart you know what I'm saying is true and that she is still your friend and maybe she did die thinking ya'll weren't friends anymore and hated you, or maybe she didn't but one truth remains, that whenever she would've come back to her (Sorry if I misgendered, I don't know Kira personally) right state of mind, I'm sure she would've tried to make up with you. I believe in some form of after life including reincarnation so I'm sure that state of mind and saying sorry and wanting to make up with you is now or soon. In the end, remember, you and Kira ARE friends and that isn't going to change as long as you believe that. You did the right thing and I'd like to think Kira would think so too in the right state of mind. *Hugs*
"Denial will get people no where."
"Don't look to the here & now but rather, to the unknown future & hope on that vs. the here & now."
  •  

iKate

I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I did not know her that well but anytime a member of our community decides to end it, it sends a chill down my spine and invokes sadness in my heart.

May she rest in peace.
  •  

jaynemonroe79

That breaks my heart. I know that pain all too well. I think most of us do. I want to be better for the next person who is suffering.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

•