Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

ftm trans questions. help?

Started by drgons, July 25, 2015, 05:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgons

hello i am a ftm transgender and im 12, 13 on February 23!
before my 12th birthday i came out to my mother. after i did we've had two talks about me being trans. but now she avoids the topic.
yes, she's bought me male t-shirts, but it doesnt really help. i get that she's trying to be supportive but i dont just want shirts.
first question, how do i convince/make/etc my mother buy me a binder?
second question, could you please refer me to some websites i can look at to find a binder?
third question, how do i bring up the topic about pronouns and everything else?

i thank you in advance if you answer one or all of these questions.
i also apologize if this doesnt make much sense, i am rushing to write this. (my mother is out with my siblings and i need to finish writing this before she comes home!)
  •  

LordKAT

Hi drgons, welcome to Susan's.

IF you look int the section called FTM gear, you will find links and reviews of binders. T kingdom, gcb2, and lesloveboat are common places to loo.

To help with your mother, there are a few things you can do. One, request time with a gender therapist. That will help you to possibly get on puberty blockers and you will have an ally to help explain things to your mother. They can help with many of the things unique to trans people. Two, Look up  PFLAG and ask your mother to talk with them. They may have a local chapter that can help but their website is also informative. https://community.pflag.org/ Three, you might be able to talk to a school counselor or psychologist who can advocate for you with your mother.

If you can get a binder no other way, you can use waist belts from the sports section of stores like Walmart or K mart. It is a cheap and effective alternative.

Now that you have some possible answers, I am giving you some links to site rules and some answers to often asked questions.

•