Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Transphobic Caitlyn Jenner memes on my FB feed.

Started by Espeon1990, August 05, 2015, 01:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Espeon1990

It's been old news for months now but I'm still seeing this transphobic garbage on my Facebook. Some of these people I consider good friends of mine that I used to respect before they revealed their true colors. I wish these people would take their conservative blinders off and realize they are ignorant and being brainwashed by the republican party. I wonder how these fools would react if I ever came out of the closet? They probably would renounce their friendship with me entirely.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Espeon1990 on August 05, 2015, 01:37:03 AM
It's been old news for months now but I'm still seeing this transphobic garbage on my Facebook. Some of these people I consider good friends of mine that I used to respect before they revealed their true colors. I wish these people would take their conservative blinders off and realize they are ignorant and being brainwashed by the republican party. I wonder how these fools would react if I ever came out of the closet? They probably would renounce their friendship with me entirely.

I'm really glad that I've decided to live an out lifestyle, so I have no qualms educating people who need it.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Obfuskatie

Sometimes people just need perspective to realize they are behaving poorly. Friends can often parrot what they think is normal until a good friend of theirs reveals to them how much of a jerk they are being. If they care about you they'll stop spreading hate after you tell them. Otherwise, you don't have to spend time with them anymore or have them as friends on Bookface.

Hugs,
- Katie
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people are what they eat, I really need to stop eating such neurotic food  :icon_shakefist:
  •  

vihar_kitsune

Seeing people still calling her by her birth name in this day and age disgusts me, there will always be transphobic idiots out there, it is the harsh reality. Although it sucks and people making fun of this brave woman are cowards, it is the way things will always be, especially online where people say anything and everything.
Best of luck  ;)

~~~~~~~
  •  

Espeon1990

Quote from: vihar_kitsune on August 17, 2015, 12:57:59 PM
Seeing people still calling her by her birth name in this day and age disgusts me, there will always be transphobic idiots out there, it is the harsh reality. Although it sucks and people making fun of this brave woman are cowards, it is the way things will always be, especially online where people say anything and everything.
Yeah I went to my boyfriend's parent's house the other day and his mom said, almost alarmed, "Have you seen Bruce Jenner?! We need to take this country back!" I cringed so hard at the misuse of the Pronouns. Luckily his dad changed the subject quickly. He could tell I wasn't comfortable with the topic. He's a great guy. (I'm not out to anyone other than my boyfriend and ex and I'm not physically transitioning yet for clarification) I just don't understand why these conservatives care so much about gender identity and homosexuality. Why do they care what other people do?
  •