News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

HRT

Started by jeanmarie, September 12, 2007, 11:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanmarie

HRT
I have been on hormones for 2 years and still find it difficult to control my mood swings. Can any one please help? I sometimes feel like a monster.

Does it get better?
Im on Estrofem, Provera and Aldactone. My blood profile is that of  a GG. I had fantastic growth and is already a small B. My weight is just over the place.

Edit: Removed dosage info ~ Kate
  •  

Suzie

Quote from: jeanmarie on September 12, 2007, 11:55:39 AM
I have been on hormones for 2 years and still find it difficult to control my mood swings. Can any one please help? I sometimes feel like a monster.

Does it get better?
Im on Estrofem, Provera and Aldactone. My blood profile is that of  a GG. I had fantastic growth and is already a small B. My weight is just over the place.

Edit: Removed dosage info ~ Kate

You might want to throw out the Provera and see if your mood improves.  Most reputable docs don't prescribe it anyways because it has minimal documented effects.

In my personal experience, my mood improved when I eliminated it.  And I was taking micronized progesterone, not Provera, which according to some is supposed to lessen the mood swings.

•  

jeanmarie

Quote from: Suzie on September 15, 2007, 12:19:45 PM

You might want to throw out the Provera and see if your mood improves.  Most reputable docs don't prescribe it anyways because it has minimal documented effects.

In my personal experience, my mood improved when I eliminated it.  And I was taking micronized progesterone, not Provera, which according to some is supposed to lessen the mood swings.

Is progesterone then necessary for development? Which progesterone is the better  to use? Im under a doctor's care will will discuss this with him before I make any changes.  I do think that knowledge is power to live a better life
  •  

Ember Lewis

I am not familiar with all the meds you take where I am it's Spiro and Estrace. If one is like Progesterone I have heard of bad mood swings associated with it. I take Spiro and Estrace and do get mood swings but I like to embrace the emotions I feel, though I find they are rarely terrible experiences. My body seems to be reacting very well to HRT but It has not even been a year and I am expecting these feelings to get stronger. I would stay away from any antidepressants they may do more harm long term than good. My best advice is to change your dosages they may be too high as I have heard of such reactions occurring if you take too much. "Hugs and Kisses"
  •  

Ms Bev

I've never had progesterone in any form, and my doc won't prescribe it.  She says the documentation of benefit is not very good, and doesn't think it's worth the risks involved.  I've had great success without it.  My mood swings are pretty much on a timetable, about every 28 days or so, for about 4 days.  I also take this as coming with the territory.

Bev
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

ravenx

ive noticed my mood swings lately...or more that my parents noticed me being a little irritated(must be being nice about it). im cycling on prometrium and spiro/estro...but it hasnt really coorolated with my off  time(i stop estroged for like four days...i go by lunar months) mostly just sortov happens. i have noticed my headakes come around that time. and while we are in the "pms zone" ive actually noticed i get cramps( yes i kno what cramps are, no i kno i shoudnt get them without a uterus, and no i dont know how it works either).it happened twice around that timeish... i wasnt sick...i stretched out... i didnt eat anything gassy but did eat(not hunger pains) and it still wouldnt go away. maybe like two hours later with me on my back rubbing my lower stomach hoping they go away(and they did....finally!). anyone else get that kind of thing?
  •  

Lori

I agree with Suzie 100% Its the provera. Switch to microgest and you should be calm and peaceful and stable....or usually that is the case. You can pm for more details if you need them.
"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •