Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

1 year forced RLE for Hormones - how to?!

Started by Lebedinaja, August 24, 2015, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KristyWalker

I am in the U.S so it may be different here

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

[/url]
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: KristyWalker on March 04, 2016, 12:05:14 PM
I am in the U.S so it may be different here

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

It's hard keeping up with changes in guidelines as they (the powers that be) love making the documents hard to digest, to quote my last GP after he researched the new guidelines  "dealing with NHS guidelines is like wading through waist deep treacle & this is the thickest treacle I've ever encountered"
  •  

Emileeeee

I'm in the US. I didn't have to do a RLE first. I just had to tell them I was serious, agree to a one hour session with a therapist, and sign a form saying that I understood the risks. The hormones were a godsend, but I was at a point where I wanted to start the RLE without them anyway. I was sure I wouldn't survive the year if I didn't.
  •  

NataliaDoll

That's ridiculous I and many other trans girls have started hormones before going full time some people just need the hormones to feel more confident like me so you should be able to get them. The 1 year life experience is for the sex change. The doctor needs to know that living full time 1 year isn't what makes you transgender being transgender is having gender disphoria so as long as you are diagnosed with gender disphoria by a psychologist you should get the hormones whether you are full time or not. You could always stop hormones they aren't permanent I didn't go full time until I was in hormones for 6 months
  •  

Lebedinaja

sooo at the end it turned out quite different. Usually it's forced to do the RLT in my country, but my doc knows the endo, thinks that I don't need it and yes ... I will get it soon
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: cheryl reeves on August 28, 2015, 12:56:39 PM
i hate to sound like a troll or worse,but i have always agreed with rle,for living fem for a yr. lets one know if srs is right for them. the reasoning is too many cders transition for the wrong reasons and later regret it,i knew a ts who transitioned and regretted it for they werent prepared for rle at all and when it hit,it hit hard and she was trying to transition back the last i heard.

for me i weighed the pros and cons and found if i transitioned i would be a murderer for i would be killing off a innocent party who does not deserve being murdered,this is what transitioning means to me. ive had gd all my life but learned over 46 yrs on how to balance the 2 sides,what helps is gender neutral clothes and with my wifes approval im now wearing panties 24/7 and this has helped alot.

Yes I get that, tho the OP's question was about a year RLE to qualify for hrt, not SRS and as far as I know wpath has long since changed from requiring the year RLE prior to being approved for hormones.

For my part I was put on HRT immediately on request as I came out generally and began allowing gender fluid signs in my daily appearance. At my age the health indications for IM estradiol are actually more positive than otherwise.

I'm not sure I can ever pass as female and I'm quite ambivalent about presenting as a 'handsome' woman. I'm equally sure I never want to spend another day passing as male but I will make an exception for my bio family who've been abusive my whole life.

The question of GRS will sort itself out in time with the surgical wait times running 2 years for the cutters I'm interested in, I'm content being on the fence on that decision for some time to come.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Sapphyra

Actually for me it was also 1-2 years RLE time (in the UK btw), but the waiting list for NHS in Manchester region was 3.5 years just to get seen (Leeds Gender Clinic, that is)... so it was a ridiculous amount of time to wait.
You could always do what I do, but that will draw even more attention to you, people will stare more - I wear a bikers mask for a year now when I go out, but at least then I don't need to worry if I  pass or not, because people are curious to why I am wearing such a thing on my face, so there's that if you wanna try.
  •