Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

if you could paint your life, what colour will you use and why?

Started by katia, September 14, 2007, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katia

to me, life is like a rainbow. i'd have every color imaginable in my life mural, yet i think that you would see a lot of black and dark red during certain very hard times in my life and lots of pink and light blue during the very happy times.
  •  

Fer

A lot of pink and orange because it represents life and being fabulous, and some brownish for those moments.
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

tinkerbell

Hmmmm.....Let's see...it wouldn't only be one color for sure.  For the times I've been in tune with my anger, it would be a spectrum of dark gray, brick red, loud yellow, dark red.  For the times I've been indifferent, it would have to be gray blue and gray, and for exuberant times, spring green of course... ;)

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

RebeccaFog

•  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

BlonT

•  

Kitty_Babe

Purple/Violet/Pink - warm colours, helps me relax, and feel more positive. I wear a lot of black/Brown though, but I use that more of a deflection thing, to hide a multitude of things. :D
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Malachite on March 20, 2012, 12:28:45 PM
Black because I'm a pretty dark person on the inside.

Black isn't a color, Malachite.
It is the absence of color and shade.

:P
Meow.

•  

King Malachite

Quote from: JasonRX on March 20, 2012, 01:48:09 PM

diarrhea brown then  >:-)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

Shang

Quote from: JasonRX on March 20, 2012, 01:48:09 PM

It's also a combination of various colors in some instances. :3  It depends on if you're talking about light or a pigment.  In the first, black is the absence of light.  In the second, black is a combination of colors (link one, link two).   A neat way to see it as a mixture of colors is by taking various paints and mixing them together. 

If I had to paint my life a color, I'd paint it black because my life is a mixture of a variety of things to create one single life.
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Lynn Gabriel on March 20, 2012, 05:53:00 PM
It's also a combination of various colors in some instances. :3  It depends on if you're talking about light or a pigment.  In the first, black is the absence of light.  In the second, black is a combination of colors (link one, link two).   A neat way to see it as a mixture of colors is by taking various paints and mixing them together. 

If I had to paint my life a color, I'd paint it black because my life is a mixture of a variety of things to create one single life.
In order for there to be color, there has to be refraction and reflection of light. If black is the absence of light, wouldn't black not be a color? I'm sure something close to black could be a color, but it wouldn't actually be totally black even if it seemed like it was. It would be an extremely dark shade of gray. lolol I am being a pretentious nerd. I need to stop.
Anyway.
>_<
Meow.

•  

Shang

Quote from: JasonRX on March 20, 2012, 05:59:13 PM
In order for there to be color, there has to be refraction and reflection of light. If black is the absence of light, wouldn't black not be a color? I'm sure something close to black could be a color, but it wouldn't actually be totally black even if it seemed like it was. It would be an extremely dark shade of gray. lolol I am being a pretentious nerd. I need to stop.
Anyway.
>_<

Lol, it really depends on what you are using in describing black.  In the pigment sense (used in art), it's a color made up of other colors.  In regards to light (used in science), it's an absence of light.  (Oversimplification, but I'm only mainly familiar with how it is used in regards to pigment and other colors.)
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Lynn Gabriel on March 20, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
Lol, it really depends on what you are using in describing black.  In the pigment sense (used in art), it's a color made up of other colors.  In regards to light (used in science), it's an absence of light.  (Oversimplification, but I'm only mainly familiar with how it is used in regards to pigment and other colors.)

Back to black now :D

•  

Adamford

I would like to add the white and pink color because white is the sign of peace and pink is the sign of being positive. In our life we need peace and I want to be positive.
  •  

Edge

I'd like deep, jewel tones of red, green, blue, and purple. Maybe throw some gold, silver, or bronze in there too. And black. That may just be because I like those colours although the intensity of them seems to fit.
Lots of purple because purple represents power.
  •  

Felix

I would use green because I'm all verdant and overgrown and weedy. I'm kudzu.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

jesse

my colors would be progressive from the cobalt blue of pre teen years to the overcast paynes grey washed out by the salty tears of water and blue undertones of my twenties when i learned of pediphiles and violence rape and pain of the outcast to the black blue and silver of the storm clouds nearing the end of it
jessi
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Carolina1983

Dark red and black, maybe some pink stains and some white ones.

•  

Penny Gurl

My life would be shades of green from dark to light.. if i had to pick only one color.  I love green, it can be such a happy color and it's the color of life!
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •