Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Looking at Electrolysis

Started by adamj95, September 11, 2015, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamj95

I have had 12 laser sessions on my full beard and I would say that probably 90-95 percent of my hair has been removed. I am very pleased with the results but I still do have a couple of coarse hairs that grow and a little bit of hair on my upper lip and on my jawline and neck but it's nothing noticeable except me. I am now at a point where laser isn't effective anymore and I am interested in electrolysis but I'm not sure if I can afford to put it as much money as I did for laser. I spent over $2,000 for laser treatments and I am looking for a few hundred dollars worth of electrolysis treatments to finish the job. Is this realistic or am I just being foolish?
  •  

suzifrommd

Hi Adam. Welcome to Susan's.  :icon_wave:

Here are some links to site policies and other helpful information:

Quote from: adamj95 on September 11, 2015, 12:28:37 AM
Is this realistic or am I just being foolish?

No one can predict how much electro will cost. My electrologist swears she's had people who come in, she clears their face during a few $100 sessions and they're done for life.

For me, I've spent more than $10k and I'm still doing four hours a week with no end in sight (and that's AFTER took everything dark). They'll clear an area and within a couple weeks there is so much regrowth I still need to shave there. Wish I had a cheerier picture for you.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

islandgirl

I was unable to have laser due to grey hair. I have had over 20 hours so far and my upper lip is getting there, along with a good part of my chin. I was very naive about how long or how much electrolysis is needed. I suspect I will be getting one hour a week for a long time.
  •  

NikkiJ

I had to quit electro for awhile, for some reason I became hyper sensitive to the sensation. Now I get 45 minutes once a week. I got back into it on a regular basis this year, but jeez, I feel like I'll be dead before it's done! I have hardly any dark hairs left in my face, so it's not visible as it grows out, but I hate it. This and the voice are the most difficult parts of the change, my surgeries were a breeze in comparison.
Better watch out for the skin deep - The Stranglers
  •  

Dena

My face was cleared with electrolysis and it took over two years with two one hour appointments a week. I didn't have a real heavy beard with it mostly on my chin and lip. I suggest you get an estimate but plan on extended treatments. You don't need to pay in advance and if your growth is light enough, you may need some heavy work and then an appointment every few week to catch the new growth. This is going to be a long term project but it will reach the point where you are waiting for new growth needing an appointment every once in a while to clean things up.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •