Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Finally Realizing I have a Problem

Started by VideoKidd, September 25, 2015, 03:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XKimX

Xanax is a very useful drug for treating the kind of depression you may be feeling, but crushing and snorting them is a good way to abuse your body and kill yourself.  They are made for slow release in the digestive track, not one big hit.  And by using them properly and not abusing your meds, you can even enjoy a beer or two.

Have you tried hanging out with a different crowd?
  •  

VideoKidd

Dena, I meant to reply to your post forever ago, but honestly, thanks for that. It's kinda what I needed to hear (read?) and I appreciate that.

Kim, I have tried new friend groups. That's helped me make as much progress as I have, stupidly enough, though, it's my reputation keeping me in old crowds. Now it seems like everyone wants pills from me.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

•  

XKimX

Have you tried saying to your old friends who only want you as a source of their pills: "Sorry, I lost my source.  When I find another, I will let you know."

And, strangely enough, you fail to find another source.

But you are in a deep hole, a hole that is killing you.  You need to crawl out of that hole long enough to see that there are other pleasures pout there, based on natural serotonin and dopamine.

And crawling out of that hole does not mean stopping for a hit once in a while from MJ.  You got to cold turkey.

Once you can lead a life other than the neighborhood drug/pill dealer, ou can start to move back into the real world that will being you even greater pleasure.  I certainly do not mean that in a moralistic or religious way, but our bodies have been developed over time to respond to the benefits of everyday life, and the natural pleasures that that brings.  Sex is one of those natural pleasures, viewed from either side of the gender line.  You may feel as if your enjoyment of those natural pleasures is enhanced by artificial chemical means, but even it it may seem that way now, it will not seem that way in the future -- if only because you would have OD by then.

You have slipped a long way down that slippery slope, and to crawl back without handgrips can be difficult, sometimes seemingly impossible.  I have friends who made it, and others who did not.  And let's not talk about me.

It can be surprising how rational and inspiring a mind can be uninfluenced by chemical substances.  You had it once, and perhaps intermixed the pain you were feeling for other reasons with the pain of clear thinking.  Clear and rational thinking is not always without pain, but it is a pain that you can conquer and not have to give in to.  Excuse me if I sound a bit like a European Masonic Lodge member (something I could never be in my current gender), but reason has always been the enemy of the dark side, which you know so well.

I could offer you trite condolences, and best wishes for the future, but for me, that would be a meaningless abdication of my feeling of responsibility for the welfare of all mankind.  You are both smart and clever, but weak at the same time.  Know that all to well.  If you are within geographic range of me, I will offer help in person; if not, let's try to see whast we can do via this medium.
  •  

VideoKidd

Hey, sorry for my late reply. I keep finding myself procrastinating on checking this thread for some reason. I haven't tried that, no. I got a little too stuck on the extra income.
And I thank you for your words, for their honesty, because, luck and kindness aren't what I need right now. For how much my father's people boast about luck, we really don't have any.
I also thank you for your offer of support. I would doubt a proximity in the way of geographical location, as I live in a pretty out of the way town in Colorado. Kind of my problem, I think though. We're a boarding town. In Colorado. We have a lot of drug culture here, either you do hard drugs, you smoke pot, or you drink. Only really the tourists don't. But most of the tourists even come for the weed. I don't know, though. My phones textbox size makes me feel I'm rambling, and I'll hurry up and finish this reply

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

•