Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is there some secret to crossing your legs?

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, September 28, 2015, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

I tried the lotus position, but I am not quite sure whether I correctly posed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_position

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Chrissy5946

Barbie
Very nice pose!
I do cross my legs a lot, my hips are usually very fluid, lately not.
Very sexy look with the double cross, I may practice it!
Chrissy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Chrissy5946 on October 05, 2015, 05:17:31 AM
Barbie
Very nice pose!
I do cross my legs a lot, my hips are usually very fluid, lately not.
Very sexy look with the double cross, I may practice it!
Chrissy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Yes. Hips should be flexible enough to take pose of the lotus position or double crossing. I will practice the lotus position further to make it feel comfortable.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Katiepie

I cannot double cross my legs quite yet, but I can lotus like no other, been crossing my legs as such all of my life, to where I cannot sit cross legged not in a lotus position. As to where my knee rests on my ankle and as well as my ankle on my knee. And can almost curl the lotus into an extreme knee on knee lotus if that is a thing.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

barbie

I am thinking practicing the lotus position everyday to maintain my health. I ordered a book on a Zen practice based on the lotus position, written by a 90 year old former professor, who climbed Kilimanjaro at age 82.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Zel

In a dress, it's actually considered more lady-like to cross your ankles and tuck them under yourself. (The Princess Diaries movie actually has a pretty good demonstration of this.) Less of a chance for flashing your audience ala Sharon Stone.
  •  

Shanade

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on September 28, 2015, 04:42:26 AM
Maybe I just have really beefy legs, but I can't cross my legs for more than a minute or so without my kneecap painfully digging into my other leg. Is there some special technique? Until the 90s both men and women crossed their legs regularly, so there must be some way to do it.

It is purely muscular, I had the same issue. I am born in a naturally muscular body and my muscles hurted from crossing my legs at any point in my weight until I started HRT and lost tons of muscles in my legs. I then could do it like anybody else.
  •  

OCAnne

Somehow I missed this tread.
I just double crossed my legs.  Worked well but I cheated (post-SRS), long thin legs and thighs.
I normally cross ankles and tuck under.
My office staff might thank you for demonstrating the double cross.

Thank you,
Anne
'My Music, Much Money, Many Moons'
YTMV (Your Transsexualism May Vary)
  •  

V M

Oh my goodness, I use to get made fun of in school for crossing and or double crossing my legs but it was just something I've always done naturally because it was comfortable

I use to be able to get into the Lotus position when I was younger but I'm not quite so limber now

I learned the Lotus position when studying martial arts - In this one class our instructor, (a Vietnam vet) would make us get up and walk on our knees and wrestle/spar with each other while keeping our legs crossed

We thought it was just a creative and entertaining way to to get us to practice, but then his buddy who had lost both legs just above the knee showed up as a guest instructor

Great lessons were learned that day
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Lebedinaja

Quote from: barbie on October 10, 2015, 10:48:18 AM
I am thinking practicing the lotus position everyday to maintain my health. I ordered a book on a Zen practice based on the lotus position, written by a 90 year old former professor, who climbed Kilimanjaro at age 82.

barbie~~

whats the name of the book or its writer?
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Lebedinaja on November 25, 2015, 04:15:41 PM
whats the name of the book or its writer?

The book is for domestic distribution and written in Korean. Probably you may find similar books in amazon.com by using some key words such as 'zen', 'yoga' and 'health'.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: barbie on October 03, 2015, 12:21:45 PM
Just ago, I took photos of double crossing my legs ::)

barbie~~

This leg crossing stuff is not supposed to be very healthy... it restricts circulation...
unless I'd say you only cross your extended feet... only the feet over each other... like on a couch  :)

hugs
  •  

whereto

i double crossing my legs all the time. i just feel so comfy doing it :x not sure about blood circulation or so. i don't tend to keep one position for long.
i worked in fashion so i believe crossing legs have to do with a good posture. you kinda lay your lower leg a bit further away in a relax way, so it'll look more natural, and loosen up your muscles. it'll be better to lean your upper body to the other side of your crossing legs. if i cross my legs to the right side, i'd lean my body a bit to the left.

barbie :OO you look great. wow, i just learned something new. lol. i have no idea that sitting position is called lotus position. lol. it's just what we sit and meditate a lot where i'm from. we don't even have a name for it, it's just how we sit.

in my culture, we say it's not how you do it, it's how often you do it. doesn't matter if it's the right way or not, if you do it often, it'll feel natural and boosts your confidence :D
  •  

barbie

Quote from: whereto on November 29, 2015, 01:31:35 PM
barbie :OO you look great. wow, i just learned something new. lol. i have no idea that sitting position is called lotus position. lol. it's just what we sit and meditate a lot where i'm from. we don't even have a name for it, it's just how we sit.

in my culture, we say it's not how you do it, it's how often you do it. doesn't matter if it's the right way or not, if you do it often, it'll feel natural and boosts your confidence :D

Yes. There are several variant Lotus positions for novices. What I am taking is the regular position. Yes. I need to do practice it more frequently.

And the lotus position does not cause any blood circulation problem at all. Yes. After sitting for 1 or 2 hours, it is first painful to stand up as muscles seem to  be paralyzed, but your body will recover soon and you can walk. Actually, the Lotus position or crossing legs is beneficial for your health.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Ashey

I have big fat thighs and I comfortably cross my legs. The secret, I've found, is to lean over on the leg that will be below the other, shift the side of your butt and leg under you, and then cross. Obviously this lifts your butt up a bit on the other side, which can be a good thing if you're comfortable with that. :P Otherwise just experiment until you reach a comfortable middle ground. Personally, I'm very comfy leaning over a lot and crossing but that's more of a casual pose maybe not suited for public. :laugh:
  •  

DawnOday

I was out and about the other day and noticed most women were crossing their left leg over their right predominately. Nothing scientific about it just observation. Maybe I need a larger sample size.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

DawnOday

You might try yoga to gain some flexibility.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Alex Forbes

I think folks are right when they say that the thickness of thighs is an important consideration in crossing legs. I am relatively thin and can cross my legs easily. However, there are times when I didn't tuck very well or something, and the leg crossing thing becomes painful.

Stretching is probably a good idea, if for no other reason than it will also help prevent muscle spasms in your calves if you wear high heels.

You can also keep your knees together and cross your ankles - this is something I see many women do, particular those who are a bit heavy.
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: Ashey on November 30, 2015, 02:57:08 AM
I have big fat thighs and I comfortably cross my legs. The secret, I've found, is to lean over on the leg that will be below the other, shift the side of your butt and leg under you, and then cross. Obviously this lifts your butt up a bit on the other side, which can be a good thing if you're comfortable with that. :P Otherwise just experiment until you reach a comfortable middle ground. Personally, I'm very comfy leaning over a lot and crossing but that's more of a casual pose maybe not suited for public. :laugh:

This is exactly how i learned to cross my legs. My thighs are not tiny either. I also sometimes cross ankles with legs together. Another fairly feminine way i sit at work is to put on ankle under the other knee or thigh. I find that really comfortable.

I also do Yoga and the lotus position i practice. Yoga has done wonders for my flexibility and being less stiff in the mornings.

•  

Kylo

I think the secret to Lotus is doing it often.

Like a lot of positions it just takes practice and sometimes developing flexibility. I don't have the most flexible joints and Lotus was annoying. But it improved doing it more often.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •