Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What do you prefer to wear to bed? and what do you actually wear?

Started by LizK, November 08, 2015, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToniB

I have just worn my first nighty to bed with My Wife I was expecting at least a dirty look of comment but nothing at all so I think I dodged that bullet LOL
The girl inside is just as important expecially to Yourself :)
  •  

RachaelAnne

About 16 months ago I switched to 100% female night ware.  As I'm not fully out to my children yet, I stick to T-shirt or tank top style cotton night gowns or pj's that match my wife. 

My wife has been very accepting of this as long as I don't get anything lacy.

So far the kids have not asked many questions.   The did ask about the night gowns (  "What's that you're wearing to bed daddy?" ) and I just told then that I was wearing long night shirts.  Thankfully my kids have just accepted it and haven't asked any additional questions.

Some day I'll be able to wear cute silk and lace nighties...

Love Rachael
  •  

LizK

"My wife has been very accepting of this as long as I don't get anything lacy."

Hi Rachael Anne

I don't get this whole you can wear something so long as its not too girly or lacy? My wife had the same reaction, I really get the feeling that it is still hangover from the days when anyone in drag was always a caricature and usually wearing something overtly sexual and lacy. I don't know I am guessing...I have some really feminine dresses and tops which don't seem to bother her. Put a bit of lace on it and I suddenly become every caricature of a "man in a dress"

My wife now says she has no issues with me wearing a nightie now that she knows I don't want a lacy frilly baby doll nighty but a more practical if girly one. The PJ's I picked out have a cute animal on the font and are in some really pretty colors but again no lace and she was happy. Does lace hold a special importance of some kind that I am totally unaware of?

I have to admit the other day we were having this kind of discussion, I lost the plot a bit saying I was fed up with all this crap with the clothes. I am transitioning, I am going to need to buy and wear appropriate clothing  but once again everyone else's sensibilities always come before my needs. That may sound a bit cruel but unfortunately it is true. Me not wanting it to be true doesn't make it so...I guess part of the anger and frustration is when will it become Ok?

Is the lace symbolic in some way? Personally I like a bit of lace but too much is not my thing and seriously I have worn some very sexy nightwear with plenty of lace over the years and I must admit as far as comfort goes I have not worn anything I would rate overly high.

It is very hard to take baby steps and keep everyone happy when the majority of your wardrobe is limited to T-shirts, jeans and leggings and everything else I have including most of my dresses, skirts and pants don't fit very well because I have lost so much weight. Once I get to my goal weight and have maintained it for awhile I will buy a new wardrobe that I can hopefully co-ordinate a bit better(but no lace!!! HA HA)

Sarah T
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Karen5519

It really depends on the time of year and how cold it is!  Having said that, it is either tap pants and a camisole or a longer gown.....that is unless my partner is in an amorous mood where then it could be a range of things!
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: sarahtokes on December 11, 2015, 03:12:12 PM
"My wife has been very accepting of this as long as I don't get anything lacy."

Hi Rachael Anne

I don't get this whole you can wear something so long as its not too girly or lacy? My wife had the same reaction, I really get the feeling that it is still hangover from the days when anyone in drag was always a caricature and usually wearing something overtly sexual and lacy. I don't know I am guessing...I have some really feminine dresses and tops which don't seem to bother her. Put a bit of lace on it and I suddenly become every caricature of a "man in a dress"

Sarah T

This is a really interesting question and one that i ponder a bit too. My spouse seems to try and influence me toward the androgynous end of the feminine style and sometimes, gosh darnit i just want to be super girlie. I suspect it all comes back to " i really would rather you stay a man, if given the choice" and that saddens me.

Still, i should be thankful for the support i do get and I am.

•  

ToniB

I also have the same thing with My Wife and Clothes she is fine with Me wearing feminine clothing as long as it is not overtly feminine as previously mentioned lace and frills . Skirts and Dresses are still a very strict NO NO she said You can wear them when you are alone but actually I am OK with what I am wearing anyhow . I think that Wife's still try to Keep a little bit of their "Husband" I know that is the case with My Wife She said the other day when We where having a " Discussion " I cannot see the Man I married in You any more all I see is a Woman when I look at You .  This has led to a lack of Physical contact as she said I only fancy MEN . We have come to a agreement to have a Date night once a Week where I will wear a pair of plain Jeans and an old SHIRT no makeup and we will have a glass of wine a nice film maybe a snog and see what happens .Neither of us wants to lose what We have so We will see what We will see 
The girl inside is just as important expecially to Yourself :)
  •  

DanielleA

When it is cold I wear a long sleeve night shirt and one of my fluffy warm pajama bottoms. In mid weather I am usually in  boxers and a CAMI or a nightie & on a hot summer night its undies or less.... Depending on who else might be spending the night ;D
  •  

Lyric

In the summertime I may go almost all day without so much as a stitch, but I always put on elastic waist baggy shorts and a t-shirt at bedtime. I guess I like to be ready for any emergency.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

JayceeTG

I have been wearing tights and panties and my night gown lately to bed and if I am feeling like an adventure I will sometimes wear a bra with some breast forms that I bought that are very comfortable to wear at times as well to feel more femme. But most nights I will wear my night gown to bed. Or just panties and a bra. It all depends on my mood or sometimes I will just sleep naked lol
  •  

DawnOday

I am like Devlyn, just wear what the good Lord gave me. I sweat so much while sleeping it is not uncommon to wake up in a puddle.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

SadieBlake

Always panties, usually a bra which usually feels more comfortable for me at night. Sometimes a nightgown, chemise or camisole, usually I'm too tired by the time I get to bed to want to change. I prefer chemises most but again, usually too fagged by the time I sack out to be bothered putting one on.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

jentay1367

I have a couple of realLY soft Vanity Fair nightgowns I've had forever. When it's cold I wear some fleece pajama bottoms under them. And....oh yeah, some big old OVERSIZED comfy nylon granny panties. Dang....I'm tired now! ZZZZZZzzzzzz.............
  •  

frnkierondthedysphoria

•  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: frnkierondthedysphoria on November 28, 2016, 09:50:49 PM
I wear a pair of pants or boxers and sometimes a shirt.

Yes, exactly that. I have to be careful with the shirt because I might wake up in the middle of the night sweating and then it's hard for me to sleep again.
  •  

Michelle_P

Briefs, and in warm weather, a cotton tank top.  In cold weather, a pajama gown that hits below the knee.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Tessa James

Just exactly what i wore at birth minus a couple of nuts and added curves ;D
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

kaitylynn

Panties and nothing up top.  I usually wear a bralette or soft fitted tshirt.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

mac1

Nothing for many years.  Panties only recently.

Prefer nothing but wear panties.
?
  •  

Violets

A nightie and undies. I can't stand not wearing underwear to bed because then I can feel 'it' when I move, which is a trigger for dysphoria.

•  

Denise

Mid length nightgown.  No undies, but the girls are just starting to come in so a bra may be in the near future, mostly for protection.  😀

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •