Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are some races more accepting than others?

Started by Toddin3D, November 12, 2015, 01:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbiem

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 22, 2015, 07:57:16 AM
Ignorance exists in all races, period.

True, but i find the more the country is ISOLATED up NORTH, like somewhere near north pole line, the more they are scared from different cultures, this is according to experience.

Who wants to live between people who looks down at  people because they are from different race, have different pigmentation , race. I dont want that.
it is like living like a Jew all your life somewhere in Germany.
i just change country, no time to focus on toxic and trying to fix isolated close minds.
  •  

biannne

As a kid I have traveled abroad and I like travelling extensively across the country. Love to travel and see different place. Discrimination depends on the regions of the country.
I love the quote from Smokey and Bandit
"When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are."

I have been to very isolated parts of the country. Some these people are more accepting that the ones that live the big cities with education.

It really depends on the individuals and not race, color or culture
Truth Shall Set You Free
  •  

xSMITHx

Humans are humans so we all have an excellent chance of being >-bleeped-<ty LOL but I will say, its been my experience that the ONLY people to have ever given me a hard time for gender stuff over the course of my life (I knew when I was 4, socially transitioned as a kid, was androgynous and read as male from teen years on. I'm nearly 47 now so this is a very long stretch of time I'm talking about) have been middle aged / baby boomer straight white cis women.
  •  

Kylo

I have no idea, but I have a black gay friend who says it is "more difficult" being black and gay because there is less acceptance in his community. Also hear it's more difficult for black trans people as well.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lunacorn

Quote from: Cindy on November 13, 2015, 01:05:31 AM
:police:

While I think the OP phrased their post somewhat poorly it was not meant rudely or in a racist manner.

I see no reason for such a venomous reply.

If you disagree with such a post report it.

I am removing the smite.

Cindy
Forum Admin

Cindy hi and just thinking about this...

Though the question was not meant to appear racist and admitted posted poorly.  I do agree venomous responses are less than helpful however I would like to acknowladge how it may appear to those of us who have experience with or supporting people of color.  The concept that one race is more accepting is indeed a blanket statement and assumes that race / skin color plays a factor.  It's a tad ignorant and helpful reminders and calling out are cool imho yet agreed that the above posts were not helpful or calling out simply shaming which doesnt help people educate themselves.

I personally live in a very white area and being white I get the privelages that go along with it.   Yet I am not going to be neutral on an injustice.  I think its important to raise a hand and say 'that statement felt icky' when neccessary.  Yet I am unaware of how we would go about that in this forum.  Is there a 'how to call out thread'?  if not may i put one together for review?  preferably viewed by including people who experience oppression regularly? (qpoc, tqpoc) ?
Lunacorns are adorable

Pronouns: she / they

--Admin ATTN--
Agender is not avail nor is NB in gender list under profile settings
  •  

Lunacorn

Quote from: Kylo on February 03, 2017, 10:19:21 AM
I have no idea, but I have a black gay friend who says it is "more difficult" being black and gay because there is less acceptance in his community. Also hear it's more difficult for black trans people as well.

yea trans women of color have the least privelage according to statistics.  I think its important to do what we can to make it a space that feels safe to be such.  These are our sisters who are dying in states less progressive and BLM comments on it regularly
Lunacorns are adorable

Pronouns: she / they

--Admin ATTN--
Agender is not avail nor is NB in gender list under profile settings
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Lunacorn on February 03, 2017, 11:37:09 AM
I personally live in a very white area and being white I get the privelages that go along with it.   Yet I am not going to be neutral on an injustice.  I think its important to raise a hand and say 'that statement felt icky' when neccessary.  Yet I am unaware of how we would go about that in this forum.  Is there a 'how to call out thread'?  if not may i put one together for review?  preferably viewed by including people who experience oppression regularly? (qpoc, tqpoc) ?
You may disagree in a thread as long as you keep it civil as we all have different opinions. If you feel the conversation is out of bounds, don't respond and become a part of it. Instead use the report to moderator button on the right of the post and record your issues. TOS 2 can be translated to leave the moderating to the moderators. You may discuss issues with a staff member by PM but you are not permitted to moderate the site.

One of the requirements of staff members is that they remain unbiassed in their judgement. If a staff member is unable to do this, they lose their staff status. I have very strong political views but it would be difficult for you to learn much about them on the open forum because I don't argue them here. In addition, on the forum, you have the right to appeal a moderator decision. They may be appealed to Cindy or Susan but their judgment will be final.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •