Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

So what do men carry?

Started by stephanie_craxford, January 08, 2006, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

I'm finishing up a new article for the Wiki and need your input...

In a past topic we listed all the items that we thought women should carry in their purse or bag and that is now in the Wiki and can be found here.  So what do men need to carry on a daily basis, especially when they are out and about at work etc...

Steph

•  

Susan

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Dennis

Wallet in back pocket, cell phone in right jacket pocket, PDA in left jacket pocket, cigarettes in left pants pocket, keys in right pants pocket, lighter in left pants pocket.

Dennis
  •  

Sheila

I use to carry an oversized wallet in my right back pocket a hanky in my left back pocket and keys and pocket knife in my right pocket and change in my left pocket and any notes that I needed. I kept notes and in my shirt pocket too. When I was off and on my property I carried 38 pistol on my right hip and 6 inch knife on my other hip. I drove around town like that too.
Sheila
Now, I'm not going to tell you what I carry in my purse as I'm anti gun now.
  •  

Kimberly

Keep in mind I'm somewhat paranoid...

• Keys, with 2' chain clipped to belt loop. Placed in front right pocket. (has a small folding can opener also)
  • Wallet, this particular one came from Disney Land, is leather and has pretty horses on the front; Chained which also clips to belt loop. Placed in front left pocket. (Contains pen, paper, razor blade and a length of string.)
  • I don't like to leave the house without two different utility knives, lately I've been favoring the folding pliers style. One in each pocket, smaller in the right pocket.
  • Normal ol very sharp, serrated, lock blade knife. Clipped in front left pocket. -- the blades on the utility knives tend to be lack luster.
  • I also have a pocket watch which clips to a belt loop as opposed to a wrist watch.

... Yea, my purse is going to weigh a ton. (=

Survival notes:
Wallets go in front pockets; Someone isn't going to get at it without you knowing that way... By the by sitting on a wallet can be a major pain in the back...
Always presume that someone out there is after your possessions.

But well, I've grown up a country kid just shy of the farm...
  •  

Dennis

I live in such a small town that I leave my car unlocked and sometimes with the keys in it. Not worried about my wallet. And my wallet only contains cash, credit card, bank card, health card and a couple of business cards. It's barely noticeable.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Kimberly on January 08, 2006, 10:41:27 PM
Keep in mind I'm somewhat paranoid...

• Keys, with 2' chain clipped to belt loop. Placed in front right pocket. (has a small folding can opener also)
  • Wallet, this particular one came from Disney Land, is leather and has pretty horses on the front; Chained which also clips to belt loop. Placed in front left pocket. (Contains pen, paper, razor blade and a length of string.)
  • I don't like to leave the house without two different utility knives, lately I've been favoring the folding pliers style. One in each pocket, smaller in the right pocket.
  • Normal ol very sharp, serrated, lock blade knife. Clipped in front left pocket. -- the blades on the utility knives tend to be lack luster.
  • I also have a pocket watch which clips to a belt loop as opposed to a wrist watch.

... Yea, my purse is going to weigh a ton. (=

Survival notes:
Wallets go in front pockets; Someone isn't going to get at it without you knowing that way... By the by sitting on a wallet can be a major pain in the back...
Always presume that someone out there is after your possessions.

But well, I've grown up a country kid just shy of the farm...

The votes are in and have been counted...  Ladies and Gentlemen it is unanimous.. Kimberly is paranoid...  :D

Steph
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Thanks everyone for your input.  It is now in the Wiki under Wallet .

Steph
  •  

Erica78

Hmmm this is something Im sure I can answer with ease. The big things you never leave home without.

As a man of course:
Wallet - What a wonderful but sometimes painful thing this can be. Hold your money, plastic and of course all the reciepts that ten to one you never remove until after most of the ink has worn off or else its gotten so thick that it cause one side of your rear to fall asleep from sitting on it so long.
I would say a pen but thats not too usual unless in a suit.
Forget a comb wash your hair and dry it off and whatever it does, it does during the day.
A hat is a good touch. :P
Cellphone usually attached by a belt clip of some sort. Blue tooth headset is a definite.
A belt is a big thing too! Dont want your pants all drooping below your knees. That is so trashy looking!
Keys - Make sure someone you know has a spare to your vehicle. Wanna pull off the guy thing well you gotta luck your keys in your vehicle with it running of course. hehe:)
Attitude - I guess guys have a certain kind of attitude. Not really implying an ego, but ya know.
And be sure to wear a pair of well worn jeans.

Remember: Guys do not know what a napkin is. Jeans act as a great substitute.
LOL
Later,
E.
  •  

Kimberly

Quote from: Erica78 on February 10, 2006, 10:07:10 PM...
Remember: Guys do not know what a napkin is. Jeans act as a great substitute.
*snicker* I totally blame my father for that part of my behavior! :P
  •  

Kate Thomas

A friend of mine has a safety pin usually clipped to a belt loop, at all times. And I have had need to borrow it on occasion.
I have the usual set of wallet, utility tool, mini maglight. Never have used the belt pouches that come with these. Just not into the Batman utility belt thing. The cell phone falls off the belt clip, jumps out of the pocket and falls to the floor usually when I am on top of a ladder and I work on taLL ladders so one less thing to carry.
Kate
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Erica78

•  

HelenW

What makes me want to howl are the guys that wear belts AND suspenders!  Talk about insecurity! :icon_hahano:

Either that or they're engineers who believe in always having a backup system in place ! LOL
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Chaunte

Helen, I am a firm believer of having back-ups for the back-ups!  I have Geek-Pride, and I am not afraid to show it  ;D

Men always have cash in their pocket as well as in their wallet.  Just in case the wallet gets stollen...

Men will have every credit card they have ever owned, including the expired ones, in their wallet.

Usable credit cards have to be creased in some fashion because of being in the overly stuffed wallet.

4.2 kg of loose change - You neve know when you might find a wheat-penny!  No, men do not fumble for exact change.  They simply add to the kilograms in their pockets.

Wallet goes in the left-rear pocket if you are right-handed.  Hankerchief, which may substitute as an oil rag, goes in the right-rear pocket.

Possibly a poket comb if your hair is longer than a brush-cut.

A Swiss-Army knife is a manditory object.  Most men would build an entire house using a Swiss Army knife if they could.  Being given your first knife from your father or grandfater is a rite of passage.

Possibly nail clippers and chap stick.

Chaunte
  •  

Dennis

QuoteMen always have cash in their pocket as well as in their wallet.  Just in case the wallet gets stollen...

I think you give us too much credit. I have cash in my pocket because I'm too lazy to dig out my wallet again when I get change for something, so I just wad the bills up and stuff them in my pocket.

Dennis
  •  

Alexandra

what about pictures of their kids???  :)
  •  

Dennis

Electronic, of course. I have pictures of my pets on my Palm Pilot.

Dennis
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Dennis on February 12, 2006, 11:39:41 PM
I think you give us too much credit. I have cash in my pocket because I'm too lazy to dig out my wallet again when I get change for something, so I just wad the bills up and stuff them in my pocket.

Dennis

Well, there's no arguing with that one!   :D

Chaunte
  •  

Andre

What I carry in my knapsack? Let me peep..personal documents,keys, health card,paper handkerchiefs, some money..that's all..textbooks for school.. ;D
  •  

Shyguy

Heh, yup, I just carry my wallet (cash, licence, bank card), motorbike and door keys, phone and a  bracelet with my blood type engraved on it :)
~shyguy :)
  •