Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A little about me

Started by 100miles, January 15, 2016, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

100miles

So I made the decision I want to transition. I have conflicting feelings about it. I've known I wished I was born the opposite sex since I can remember. I just kind of ignored the feelings about it because I wasn't born that way and because I went through male puberty and to me I felt like that ship had passed. Well I started dabbling in make up and stuff, I still feel like its too bold to call myself or anyone else that's transitioning a "woman." I feel uncomfortable talking about my feelings of wanting to transition. I think about FTM transitions and I don't feel the same way though. Its just the woman thing. I'm so flattered to be called a woman but I don't feel like that I deserve it. I understand the idea of being "gender fluid" and stuff. But the fact that I can't  go through the same thing other women do - periods, childbirth - is discouraging and also my body frame which thankfully isn't too large but is still a bit boxy and my skin is naturally soft and supple which I'm thankful for. I haven't started HRT but really want to if nothing else, I haven't seen a gender therapist,  which sounds absolutely dreadful. Any thoughts of support or ideas from more knowledgeable people is greatly appreciated.
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. We live so long in our birth gender that we aren't a 100% sure that we belong in either gender before and during our transition so confusion is natural. A gender therapist will help you sort this out and is nothing to dread as you will be investigating how you feel instead of why you feel the way you do. Any update to date therapist will understand that these feelings can't be altered and the best thing for you is to find the life you are comfortable with. I am post surgical 33 years an am willing to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to post them in this thread and I will respond to them.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •