Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Starting Electrolysis after Laser Hair Removal

Started by adamj95, January 22, 2016, 01:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamj95

I am starting electrolysis after having 12 sessions of laser hair removal done to my beard. It removed close to 80% of my facial hair and besides a few spots of dark hair, the remaining hair is light or white hair. I am wondering since I had laser down first, will this lessen the amount of electrolysis sessions needed to fully clear my facial hair?
  •  

Mariah

It will by how much is hard to say depending on any regrowth that occurs from laser in time and your responsiveness to electro. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

SamKelley

Agreed, it seems to vary from person to person. But after laser hair should grow back a lot slower and finer, and if you have electrolysis it should

a) be able to be gentler (less power) and therefore less painful

b) just tackle problem spots as they come up.

You can also keep having laser while you're having electrolysis if need be.
  •  

adamj95

Okay. Is there anything special I should do to prep my skin before and after the treatment?
  •  

SamKelley

I've found lignocaine/prilocaine cream (containing 2.5% each) works well. I apply liberally to my face and massage it into the skin a bit but don't rub it in - let it sit on the surface, then cover with plastic cling wrap one hour before electrolysis. This numbs the area pretty well.

Lignocaine + prilocaine is far more effective than just lignocaine.

Good luck!! :)
  •