Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Help losing weight

Started by Jestwacked, April 02, 2016, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jestwacked

Long story short, I am a relatively fit young person, I am not moribdly obese but I am overweight, I am just looking for general tips and tricks when it comes to food / exercise that can help me lose weight at a steady pace  :)
Less drama, more action!
  •  

Dena

I take a walk of about half an hour a day. I use walking because my joints are still good and I have no desire to damage them on concrete with pounding. I also remove most sweets from my diet and watch the portion side. Reducing your intake by about 500 calories a day or to about 3/4 your normal intake should be enough for about a pound a week weight loss. Avoid cutting back to much because your body will go into starvation mode and weight loss will become difficult. Above all, eat what you enjoy but limit how much you eat. I have found that if I eating something that taste really good leaves me more satisfied that eating something bland.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Marlee

I concur with Dena,
walking is very good for burning calories. I do some walking, and about 20 minutes on an eliptical..for my weight, and my heart.
  •  

arice

For me:
Drink water before eating... every time. I drink 2 cups when I wake up and another 1-2 cups before I put any kind of food in my mouth.
Eat lots of vegetables. Eat unlimited quantities of them. Eat them before eating any other food. This will help you cut out sweets.
Watch and measure your portions.
Exercise - I walk every day. Tracking my steps helps keep me active.
Track your actions (food and exercise).
Keep goals realistic. Reward your achievements with non-food rewards.
Be accountable to someone.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

•  

Deborah

Stop drinking all soda and eating all processed sugar.  Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and meat.  Track everything that goes into your mouth so you can keep the calories in a deficit.  Beyond that, eat less - exercise more.

In my opinion the exercise is the most important long term because when you are in good condition you can burn a ton of calories everyday at a relatively low stress level to your body.  That allows you to still eat a lot while restricting calories and losing weight.  And once you reach your goal you can really eat a lot and not gain the weight back.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Jestwacked

Thank you for the advice everyone, I think motivation is a killer too <3
Less drama, more action!
  •  

BryanCooke

Hi there.. I know I am quite late in providing you a solution for your problem, but still I will share my brother's experience in weight loss. I think regular exercises or yoga should be carried regularly to stay healthy and fit. Yoga or exercise helps in many different ways. My brother took up a programme entrainement sportif program to shed his body weight. I have also read in a survey that it is crucial to cut back on sugars and starches, eat only when you are hungry, stress less, sleep more and eat less of dairy products and nuts. All these tips are going to help you for sure.

•