Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How North Carolina’s HB2 Affects Parents

Started by Asche, May 18, 2016, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asche

How North Carolina's HB2 Affects Parents

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2016/05/how-north-carolinas-hb2-affects-parents.html

Libby Anne
May 17, 2016
(On Libby Anne's blog)

North Carolina's HB2 naturally falls heaviest on the transgender community. It also affects cisgender people who don't conform to specific gender norms about appearance, .... One thing I haven't seen much talked about, though, is HB2's affect on parents. And no, I'm not talking about parents who are transgender or gender nonconforming, or parents of transgender or gender nonconforming children, I'm talking about every parent.

===============================

As an AMAB father with only AMAB children, I haven't run into the scenarios mentioned in the article, but if I ever have grandchildren, I may.
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Elis

Thanks for posting; hadn't thought of this perspective before. What the article should also have touched on though is the thinking that it's too dangerous for girls/women to use the men's toilets; which could be the reason as to why the father brought his daughter into the women's; even though he was clearly uncomfortable.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

RobynD

This is another reason that "protecting" bathrooms with gender specific law is ludicrous. They were never meant to be. There are plenty of laws that protect people.

•