Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The clocking eye of the beholder...

Started by 2cherry, June 10, 2016, 06:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cherry

To this day, it amazes me that everyone sees me differently: Female, male, or doubting. Even when I ask people to be 100% honest, the answers go all over the place. I've asked dozens of people, known and unknown. I even did a small quasi scientific research experiment of myself by handing out scoring cards to judge my appearance. One would think that reality is obvious, clear cut: male, female. But this isn't so... it's maddening sometimes!

Why is this so? I have an explanation, but I would like to hear your opinion first.

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

stephaniec

a lot depends on length of time on hormones or genetics or a combination there of.
  •  

Ms Grace

People see what they want/expect/need to see. Everyone has a different opinion on what constitutes male/female/either/neither and it is all based on different sexual and cultural and gender attitudes.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

IdontEven

I have no idea, but I love the title of this thread. It's like a mystery novel or something.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •