Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Petition: Denial of Transgender Identities Must Be Considered Hate Speech

Started by suzifrommd, July 20, 2016, 10:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

I am very upset at Dr. Ben Carson's convention speech last night ridiculing transgender identities.

This must stop.

I've started a change.org petition and I'm hoping people are willing to sign it and spread the word by sharing it on social media.

https://www.change.org/p/america-denial-of-transgender-identities-must-be-considered-hate-speech

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Deborah

I signed it.  The scary thing is that it is pretty much the standard meme for a majority of Republicans.

On the other hand, there is this.
QuoteWhen I asked GOP Senator Hatch, a conservative Mormon from Utah, to respond to Carson's claims in an interview on SiriusXM Progress, he dismissed them outright.
"Of course there are people who are transgender," he said. "I don't think they choose to be that way. So, they're human beings who deserve the best we can give them."
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_578f650ee4b04ca54ebf87e3

There remains voices of reason in that group however faint they may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Joelene9

It will be a tough choice in November. Luckily, there are no laws about the type of hate speech here in the US. Let these people vent! At least we know who these people are. The same thing was considered at the start of the US involvement of WWII concerning the American Nazi Party. The people decided to not change the Free Speech law and the Nazi party dwindled anyway. We have enough people who would counter these hateful speeches such as the Sen. Orren Hatch mentioned above. Dr Carson is a neurosurgeon but has little clue on how the brain is programmed. We had some people called "config techs" that swapped boards in computers, but had no experience in programming them. Same difference. Rocket scientists know how to make rockets, but most of those don't know about the orbital dynamics to keep them up there.

Joelene
  •