Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fitness, HRT, and Protein Shakes

Started by WhisperingEarth, August 11, 2016, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhisperingEarth

Over the past few months I have been going to the gym a lot and generally I've been lifting some weight and trying to bench as much as possible; but with this revelation of things in my life I am trying to tone it down a bit. While I want to I do enjoy the shakes which I know will boost the testosterone a bit. I was wondering anyone else into fitness found one that is more so....suited for women on HRT or would one for women be just as suitable? I know of the fitmiss but until I officially start I would like to refrain from that. Also I do drink an occasional glass of milk which I have found ( specifically the whole milk ) will cause a rise in T levels as well. Would it be best to switch to skim or fat free? Thank you for any assistance!

-Ash
  •  

Deborah

Protein is the same for either sex so it doesn't matter what kind you use.  If it is sold as women's or men's then it's just marketing. 

Protein will not effect T.  You only need a maximum of about 1.5 to 2g of protein a day per kg of body weight.  Eating more than that won't help you in any way.

Milk is very good.  Whether it's while, skim, or fat free doesn't matter except in keeping your daily calorie balance in line with your goals.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

WhisperingEarth

Ah okay looks like I won't have to change anything really. Thank you Deborah for clearing this up for me :)!
  •  

Deborah

You're welcome.

If you need to increase your protein then protein shakes do work, but regular food works just as well if you plan your diet and don't go over in calories.

Foods that are good for this are:
Milk
Eggs
Lean meats
Lentils
Greek yogurt
Cottage cheese

Those were the ones I used the most but anything high in protein and not too high in fat will get you there.

Whole eggs are especially good because the yolks are very dense in nutrients.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

WhisperingEarth

Yeah I figured getting protein and eating was always the best way to go, but I knew or well thought I knew some shakes would increase my T levels depending on what other additives they put in. I've always heard Eggs are the best, but still not 100% sure if I'm "still" allergic to them or not, but I think it's time to bite the bullet and find out :p
  •