Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

HRT started, hurray

Started by -May-, August 15, 2016, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xirafel

Mm, waiting sucks. I can't help checking everyday to see if it's done anything.
It feels like an eternity has passed by, and I'm the one who normally has a really wonky perception of time where it feels like everything is shooting by disturbingly fast o.o

It's good that something's happening :)
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get there, although it might be a slightly painful wait, mm.
  •  

一二三四

•  

Nicole A.

Good for you... I wish I startef earlier... Ive been on HRT for 3 months and getting good results..
Beginning my jouney, wish me luck!
Almost 3months HRT, feeling happier  :icon_wave:

•  

Jacqueline

Progress is so encouraging, isn't it?

The only advice I can give is to go ahead and look. Try not to get too caught up in it. Stay as busy as you can and make it part of your routine. You might not notice much day to day. However, Set a monthly time aside to document(photos or measurements and descriptions). Keep track of comments from others about changes ins attitude or happiness.

Something I remember remarking about before. I call it the trans lens. During denial, acceptance and early transition(I still consider myself there) it is hard not to look at all things and relate them to being transgender. So a bad day becomes dysphoria, ..."was that person looking at me"..., ..."my world revolves around being transgender"... I am told that way of thinking will pass. I am getting closer to this not defining me. (Until I come out publicly. It will probably start all over again). Back to my point, sometimes it really is just a bad day. These positive changes and remarks can help keep you going through tough times.

Take the time to enjoy the good parts. Try not to dwell on the bad ones. Wake up and realize you get another day to change and be the best person you can.

Sorry if that all sounds really preachy. Take the good from my post and forget the rest.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•